T2 Gearbox help

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
turbo11
Donating Member

T2 Gearbox help

Postby turbo11 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 am

Hi all, im still looking for a T2 gearbox or help with getting parts to rebuild the sucker. Its not stuffed but has the crunch into 2nd if pushing hard or even going from 3rd to 2nd with some rpm on board. Any help would be great.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:42 am

Mine is crunchy too, I am afraid of the rebuild cost so am just putting up with it and rev matching my changes :o

Honda NZ might be able to get you parts, youll prolly only need a few rings and things.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:03 am

Thanks bigelboe, yeah i think i will only need syncro for 2nd i have a mate who builds race diffs and gearboxes and all i need is to get him the parts he cant custom make and im away. Also bigelboe i need to stop it from boost cutting can u help me.

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:31 am

You'll need to ask those sort of questions in the general board and keep this board to For Sale and Wanted only. Actually the boost cutting question has been asked many times before so try doing a search first.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:51 am

Was asking to see if bigelboe had a boost cut lifter for sale have read the posts on boost cut problems.

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:29 pm

oh, right :wink:

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:33 am

Yeah I prolly can have one ready soon but I will say the same thing to you I said to the other dude that asked, if you want it cause your boost cutting now youve got a new large exhaust, then thats not really a good reason, and I recommend porting out your wastegate. If you want it because you have good control over your boost and just want to raise it to like 16psi without fuel cutting then I will be perfectly happy. I dont want you to come to me and say your gaskets blown or engines died cause it overboosted because there was fuel cut.

In saying this I am working on a design that I am going to call the Fuel cut shifter, this will have a variable point where the fuel cut will come back in, I feel this will be a great advantage in engine saftey over the basic fuel cut lifter.

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:30 am

Yeah i understand bigelboe but im also working with the car on the dyno with a mate and we have done a few little things to the fuel system to make it flow more and AF ratio is not a prob even when it boost cuts. Yeah i will port my wastegate to make it more stable under boost. Can you let me know when your Fuel cut shifter is all good and for sale i will have one.

CANNIELOGIN
Forum Participant

TRy Trademe now

Postby CANNIELOGIN » Sat May 06, 2006 12:16 am

Someone's got a turbo G/bx on trademe now. Not sure if it is T1 or T2.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”