Limited Slip Differential for City

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
Mark_Moddy
Forum Regular

Limited Slip Differential for City

Postby Mark_Moddy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:32 am

I may be getting another batch of 'limited slip differentails' made up for the City/Civic.

They fit into a Series 1 & 2 Civic Gearbox. You can use the 4 speed or 5 speed boxes. These fit onto ER motors, but you have to chance the flywheel and starter motor for a Civic one.

Another good reason  to change gearboxes is that you get much better diff ratios compared to the City 4.05. You can get 4.25, 4.65, and 4.71 in the 5 speed, and 4.93 in the 4 speed. This is great for acceleration.

The diffs are a "Quaife" sytle design. I have one in my road going City, and in my 1975 Civic rally car. They are all new, are CNC made from soild billet, and are  indestructable.

Handling and traction is unbelievable.

Price would be around $1650-1700.

Cheers

Mark

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Limited Slip Differential for City

Postby Charles » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:58 am

Mark,

Can you contact Angus and let him know as he was going to get a custom one made up from scratch after blowing 3 boxes and 2 diffs.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:10 pm

Man I'd so love one, but alas I am in poverty, as
insurance is due and they want me to fit an immobiliser on top of that for theft cover.
And rego due in fortnight too.....

:(

swap on efor a sticker....

how what sort of cornering effects would they have?!?!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:08 pm

Depending on what sort of timeframe we are talking I may well be interested! I am currently dicing up whether to spend 1-2G on cutting the front end off my civic and straightening the infertile dog out.

Smithy:
It will stop you spinning the inside wheel when accelerating and turning. Enable you to to wicked burnouts, and generally make your car MUCH cooler to drive ;D

Bino

Postby Bino » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:43 am

I assume that cost is in AUS.  If that is the case, count me in.  Also, I was curious about the interchangability of the City transaxle with the 1G Civic Transaxle (and transaxles interchangable with 1G Civic).  Looks like they're interchangable with the use of the Civic Flywheel and starter.

Sweet

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:24 pm

Actually i think i am going to have to cancel that. I have more important things to spend cash on, and i dont want to be a prick by dropping out at the last minute :'(

Mark_Moddy
Forum Regular

Postby Mark_Moddy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:46 am

Yes, the Series '1' 4 speed "GB" Civic box, and the Series '2' 5 speed 'GN" Civic box will fit onto an ER motor.

But you have to change the flywheel and the starter motor.

The drive shafts just pop in. No problems there.

All have cable operated clutches, so no problem.

You can replace the horrible 4.05 diff with a 4.26, 4.65, 4.71, or a 4.96 4 speed.

It's a great option should you decide to run really big diameter rims, or just want better acceleration.

If you are in Brisbane and need someone to do the work, see Tim at 'Tim Collingwood Automotive' in Brendale.

Bino

Postby Bino » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:09 pm

Thanks for the info, and the reference.  I'm actually in Oregon, USA, near Portland.  I'm setting up my car for road racing (not a class, just a spirited daily driver).  I'll probably pick up a 5spd somewhere in the middle range.  Decent bottom end with a good top end.

Thanks all

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:56 pm

what was the outcome of the possibility of manufacturing these lsd's ?

zackspeed

Postby zackspeed » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:53 am

Hi Im Zack and I am new here but not to citys and civics. I own a 78 civic hatch that I have been making and adapting all kinds of parts from other hondas to make it as mean and up to date as I can get it. Well its been 7 years and I am almost there. My question is will the diffs from 84-87 civic and crx fit the early transmissions? The reason I ask is a place called Race Craft in Australia said they would and used to have a quafie stile diff that they sold. Can some one please help confirm this and if its true how much would they be in us dollars? There are a lot of us on redpepperracing.com looking for diffs for our 1.5 ew civic and crx. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Zack Morris

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:16 am

I have a friend who Rally's in a 1st gen CRX. I will get in touch with him and see what he knows...

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:18 pm

unfortunately the eb/en/er diff is not intechangeable with the diff from the crx/zc gearbox

I think the diff advertised by Charles/Racecraft is/was the same as the one Mark is talking about.

Maybe you can get details of the machinist from Mark or Charles and see what the cost is for diff for you g/box/

zackspeed

Postby zackspeed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:55 pm

Well its not for the ZC box. I know its not the same and we just figured out that the 90-93 Integra except the gsr will fit the zc and d16a1 box. This would be for the standerd 1.5 box. But thanks for the help.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:59 pm

Ive been meaning to have a play around with diffs and older civic boxes, i will get in touch with some friends and see if i can track down some LSD's to have a play with :) There is always a way, if you cant see it you just have to look harder ;)

tegracer
Forum Regular

Postby tegracer » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:34 pm

the only production lsd that fitted the eb/en/er was sold by mugen for their eb race cars. these are now many years out of production and the service parts are also no longer available

We have looked for years for a lsd to fit the eb box and the one Mark has reffered to is the only ''proper '' one we have found.

Quaiffe do not make one and OBX who make Quaiffe copies also do not list one

you can get a phantom grip but the grip is like a phantom!

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”