gearbox t1

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Re: gearbox t1

Postby John_S. » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:24 pm

Yeah,  it's basically an updated version of the RS dual Keihin carbies. Engine is rated at 70HP stock.
I bid on a set for sale on eBay in the UK last week but someone out bid me at the last minute. He was in UK anyway and wouldn't have to pay the shipping I would to get them to the US...guess I didn't need them.
I've got another question for you guys, do you know if the Turbo Camcover fits on the EN1 head?

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:52 am

???On a point of theory guys after digesting all this ratio stuff .
If I put this box (4:93 ratio) on my ER motor I get quicker off the line Yes or No .
I'm not worried about top end speed as not needed round town .
Need something to level out the long stroke of ER N/A motor.
I'm determined and committed to get a quick N/A up and roaring .

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Yeah fook yeah, specially NA that will make your car heeps faster over the whole 1/4 as well as off the line, make sure the engine can breathe as freely as possibly so it can rev up real quick

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Oh and with the rocker cover, im guessing its prolly the same case as with the EL engine, it fits arount the back but you either have to modify the head to fit the squarer corners on the front of the turbo cover, or modify the turbo cover to have rounder corners at the front, both jobs best handled by a ali TIG welder, but putting the little corners on the head is prolly possible with aluminium epoxy or something else like that, that will take the heat.

An orange resin called chockfast would be perfect, its the hardest shit ever, we use it for pouring the engine mounts of 1000Hp CAT engines in superyachts at work

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:06 pm

where can you get the resin from commonly?
Marine supply shops?

Cheers

Jw

John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Postby John_S. » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:27 pm

Here's a thing to consider regarding lower gear ratios and acceleration...Sometimes too tight a gear set forces you to shift so much more often, or at more inopportune times, that a slightly taller gearset is actually faster in all around use. Kinda hard to know what would be what here without experimenting, but then again good ol' logic can help to figure it out too.  :)

James

Postby James » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:48 pm

http://www.mannings.co.nz/chockfast_industry.php

these guys are the only New Zealand supplier of chockfast that i know of, check them out, i think you can buy it in as small as 1 litre tins, and i dont think its toooo expensive.
When i said it goes hard i ment REALLY F**KING HARD, i have one little drip of it on my jeans that is about 6 years old!!

I had a think about that john and thought that box would prolly be good for NA but prolly a bit low to utilise all the turbo power

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:42 pm

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/news/oldcivic.html

That has a little info on gearbox selection as well as some interesting info on 1g and city turbo motors.

It has another version of the text by Charles, but seems to be slightly longer than the other versions floating round.

Cheers Charles :)

Return to “General”