Help!!new owner

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
maniaman
Forum Participant

Help!!new owner

Postby maniaman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:17 am

Howzitgoin!  I have just become the owner of a cabriolet(by default) and I am somewhat confused by engines anyway....I need a complete engine diagram including autochoke and turbo? if I have one...groovy car and I would like to fix up to run properly...what do all these disconnected wires and pipes do? looks like the engine has been replaced andnot properly can anyone helpmeeeeeeee!!! ???

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Help!!new owner

Postby PGNUTA » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:22 am

Thats a lot to digest in one sitting.

Check out the infobase forum for info on these questions.  Otherwise i'm sure you'll get a few other replies shortly.

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:29 am

Welcome to the site!

First of all, if you dont know much about cars/engines.. my advice would be to sell the car!

Im not trying to disappoint or offend you in anyway, but by the sounds of this "what do all these disconnected wires and pipes do?" you are in for a lot of work.

If you can find a good mechanic who is not going to rip you off and knows a bit about these cars, then i would suggest taking it to them. Otherwise, if you are really keen, then start reading in the infobase!!!

Good luck!!
Chris

maniaman
Forum Participant

Postby maniaman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:29 am

Yes i know...the roof leaks as well! am going through the database now....not sure what sort of engine it is either...how do i tell?

Jcity
Forum Participant

Postby Jcity » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:30 am

I have compile the part list and diagram from the forum, if you want i can email it to you.... I also just brought a city turbo... ;D

maniaman
Forum Participant

Postby maniaman » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:31 am

you would be saving my life!! thank you! you can email me on [email protected], cheers

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:45 pm

Hey try and post us some pictures up, especially of the engine bay, up close if possible so we can see whats
up...It'll be interesting for me too as I havent seen a
cab with a turbo engine !

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:32 pm

Don't worry everyone been there. When I first got my car. There is a shit load of problems as well!! But slowly you will know what you needed to do...

And if this doesn't work out, go get the most expensive insurance and a fuel can. And burn the dame thing!!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:22 pm

Many of the city owners that find their way to this site are in a similar position. These cars a generally highly un-understood by the automotive servicing world and have been messed up pretty good in some cases. But, we now have many people on this site who have experienced nearly every problem you are likely to come accorss (hopefully) and if you have a new one, then we can add it to our list of things we have fixed between us :P

I'd say with a week or so of reading the forum and tinkering, you should have 90% of it reconnected and running right.

Post up a pic of the wires you cant find homes for and someone here should be able to put oyu straight :D

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:59 am

Ok I am sorry too not trying to be funny anymore..  

On a more serious side. The car will drive you mad if you don't know what to do. Many people here spend huge amount on the car, engine and still no go.  I personally spend 500+ on general service goods (oil, Filter.....) and tunning. And the car still using loads of fuel, bad clutch and black smoke.

And for discounted wire, one is common in the cab is that the orginial exhaust senor, which has the warning inside the dail. More Japanese drive the city in the city so the exhaust wouldn't be so hot as compare to highway. And also most of the city is build before 1986 which is 18 years ago. The exhaust most likely to be snap by now. So it is common that they would remove the senor when doing so. Thats maybe one of the reason you have the discounted wire.  ::)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:22 am

Eddie: We are trying to encourage the guy, not scare him off!

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:57 pm

OK!!  On the good side....  The car is fun to drive, lots of style, a real eye catcher!!  

The the most important point
""People in this site is super helpful""   Anything from a total rebuild to a simple lose nuts there is always someone here can help!!!!!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:21 pm

Thats more like it :P Great to drive, really fast, scare the boyracers ;D And you can have the added bonus of a sexy convertible for picking up the hotties in 8)

maniaman
Forum Participant

Postby maniaman » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:47 pm

Thanks dudes am encouraged now!! am trying to organise camera etc so stay tuned...hahaha

civic
Forum Enthusiast

Postby civic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:28 pm

hey how ya going just did a conversion in my civic might be able to help u phone 0431047926 my name is ben just trying to help i know how hard it is

Return to “General”