CNG City

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
eddie
Forum Enthusiast

CNG City

Postby eddie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:30 pm

Remeber a while back there is a forum here talk about a L.P.G Civic Turbo.

Well mine is a CNG (compress natual gas) City, Just wanted to show all those people who is interested in getting them done.

Well a full tank of CNG last around 350-400KM and cost around $15.

The conversion itself cost around 1700 to 2000 depends on how good they are. And it require a safe certificate mount into the body.

The bad thing around them:
 NO BOOT AT ALL. You cann't even fit a roll of bread in the boot!!

Heavy!! you automaticly lower you car by about two inch at the rear only!!

Forget about drag at the street light!!!

Kam
Forum Regular

Re: CNG City

Postby Kam » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:59 pm

Well done man.  My car was the LPG turbo civic.  CNG is an exellent fuel.  Alot higher octane than LPG (I've heard) but there's only one servo that I know of that sells it in Brisbane and that's 15km away.  If you want some extra horses get your dizzy regraphed.  It will cost about $150 and will make a hell of alot of difference.

I mounted the tank where the back seat used to be.  It had very good wieght distribution (mind the spelling).  If you do this you probably have to get a mode plate for a 2 seater.  But you can't fit your mates in :(

CNG is also very good for the environment. (thought I'd put that in ;D)

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:07 am

O really I have been looking for the CNG fuel in Brisbane for so long, there was a few before down at Rockley (near the brisbane market) but they have told me due to noone want CNG they have close down all Brisbane station. Can you please let me know where the station is! Thanks!!!

On the enviroment side I only drive it a few time before I CNG was gone. But I remember it burn more clear no black smoke, no fuel smell. But very close at low Rev.

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:58 pm

Also I have found out CNG is 130 Octane

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:58 pm

[quote author=eddie link=board=GEN;num=1092799851;start=0#3 date=08/20/04 at 12:58:59]Also I have found out CNG is 130 Octane[/quote]

dam!

Turbo with lots of boost would love it if you could supply enough of it!

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 pm

ooowww dirty carby, standard er...

Now if you plonked an er turbo in there, with same fuel conversion we'd be talkin the talk!

Edit: The cylindrical part is usually the air filter, but the pod extends into it? i'm a little confused?

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:51 pm

The orginial paper air filter is not well enought although I can found them easily at autobarn for $10 but the paper get dirty in around 2 weeks.

So I was interest in finding some sports one (e.g. webber, pod filter, finerfilter, K & N.......)

And found they either too dame expensive or too hard to come by.

One day I was checking out some of the pic I downloaded from the net, and there was one Japanese dude doing what I did here. So I gone out and look for a pod filter that fit in that small pipe.

And finially found one that just fit... So there it is....

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:19 am

what you really want to do is inject it as a liquid into your intake manifold as its a liquid at -180 or so.. it becomes its own intercooler.. lpgs 108 octane is it not? still gives you exccesive boost availabilty

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:05 pm

There are other things to consider apart from just octane ratings. Other things to think about are how many joules of energy you can extract from burning a certain quantity (for petrol this is a pretty HUGE number compared to many fuels, it would be interesting to see how CNG/LPG compare) and how much you can get into the cylinders under the available conditions (once again for petrol this is easy cos its in a handy to use liquid form. An interesting line of thought none the less...

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:20 am

Roklea was the one I was thinking about.  Its about 15km away from Forest Lake (I live there).  So there closed now hey?  Dame shame :(

If you ever want to turbo the city wend me a message.  I've got ideas and parts! ;D[quote author=eddie link=board=GEN;num=1092799851;start=0#2 date=08/19/04 at 10:07:50]O really I have been looking for the CNG fuel in Brisbane for so long, there was a few before down at Rockley (near the brisbane market) but they have told me due to noone want CNG they have close down all Brisbane station. Can you please let me know where the station is! Thanks!!!

On the enviroment side I only drive it a few time before I CNG was gone. But I remember it burn more clear no black smoke, no fuel smell. But very close at low Rev. [/quote]

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:23 am

Now we're talking If you know anyone in the development of such a system please let me know cause I want to use it.  the last guy said it was top secret![quote author=doggystyle link=board=GEN;num=1092799851;start=0#7 date=08/22/04 at 00:19:22]what you really want to do is inject it as a liquid into your intake manifold as its a liquid at -180 or so.. it becomes its own intercooler.. lpgs 108 octane is it not? still gives you exccesive boost availabilty
[/quote]

Kam
Forum Regular

Postby Kam » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:51 am

If I can remember you need about 30% more LPG than petrol.  This means petrol has 30% more energy/BTU's. (CNG has similar BTU's to LPG).  Than again Diesel has alot more energy than petrol but alot lower octane.  I think that more octane = less energy in all the fuels that I've heard of.  But injecting compressed CNG could be different.  The leading professor in CNG is at QUT university and he said the more LPG is compressed the more energy it has.  (looses energy/temerature as it decompresses).

When someone makes injectors that won't freeze up, and figures out a way to regulate LPG/CNG fuel pressure properly at a reasonable price I will convert my car!    

There's a book called 'Do it yourself LPG'  which has all the facts.  You should be able to find it on the net![quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1092799851;start=0#8 date=08/22/04 at 15:05:03]There are other things to consider apart from just octane ratings. Other things to think about are how many joules of energy you can extract from burning a certain quantity (for petrol this is a pretty HUGE number compared to many fuels, it would be interesting to see how CNG/LPG compare) and how much you can get into the cylinders under the available conditions (once again for petrol this is easy cos its in a handy to use liquid form. An interesting line of thought none the less...[/quote]

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:17 am

Just an update!!!  ;)

Due to Queensland don't have CNG. And I need a RWC and gas certificate to get rego for my car.

I been force to remove the entire CNG unit. In order to get rego.  :( :(

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:19 pm

Aint life a bitch. On the upside at least you can boost it now ;D

Return to “General”