UPDATE!!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
John_S.
Forum Enthusiast

Re: UPDATE!!!

Postby John_S. » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:28 pm

Hey K1W1, I would offer some shade of darker red, or maybe even a Maroon, which would visually make it appear lower, not a bad thing on a short wheelbase car.
On the subject of color...the problem with red...
Pigment is expensive as hell...fades in the sun readily...and believe it or not disappears at night (red like black and all dark colors soak up light rather than reflecting it), and you will find that people on the road will tell you "they didn't see you", even in the daylight...there is just so much red in the enviornment.
Here in USA they used to paint all fire engines red...did a lot of studies and for a few years were painting them a really bright yellow-green...until everone started complaining they didn't look look fire engines anymore.
My '83 Civic "S" is red, one of only two colors they were offered in, but had it been my preference I would have chosen another color.
One final thing...Gendarmes see them earlier than most other colors so they have more time to guage if your speeding or not. The best colors for stealth are silver to gunmetal grey metallics, or light blue metallics... rig for silent running. 8)

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:56 pm

Hey 'Lude check the gallery #66, not good quality but sure you get the idea . Typical 80's red/silver combo .
Darker red - saw one like that and didn't do much for me .
Like the idea of all white , but that means huge paint job .
Looking to change faring kit f/glass only. Hoping to find super straight white PRO-T and I'll change everything
over . Henry wont part with his (daughters car) - damn . Recently picked up an ex one of his and apart from l/hand front chassis damage the rest of it in mint cond. another example of Henry's fastidious eye for detail and another credit to the great man . So have a semi-mobile parts store now , only it's white not red .
How does that work JS , you say people don't see you in red ,I know first hand the wallopers take an immediate
interest .Quite used to seeing patrols doing u-turns in my rear vision mirror but it does sound bigger than it is and it looks hot too .

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:19 am

ok ok.. I get it

So the paint job is not great. I will redo it later in the coming month and this time no more paint in a can.

Right.

Most of the shit has been put in.

i.e: Steering wheel
     Neon Gear Knob
     5" Multi Meter (tacho, oil temp, water temp, oil press)
     L.E.D Side Mirror with indicator (yes it does work, however not as bright as I was expecting)
     Vcd/Mp3/CD/FM/AM Player
     Neon Pedal Set
     Blacklight uder dash
     Blacklight Carpet
     Spoon  Reverse tank cover
     Bosch GT40R Coil
     Uni air Filter
     And Super Funky over size Dice to give that old school look.

Stay Tune more shit go in. Coming weeks!!!

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:33 pm

um..... please.. no fluffy dice... its not a holden... or a ford for that matter....

p.s.-yellow is the fastest colour.... specially butter... air slips past it better.... a ;D....... plus did you ever see a red wasp or hornet.....(except for the native nz ones)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:39 pm

Eagles mate, brown and grey are the only fast colours ::)

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:42 pm

What was that? brown and gay?

;D

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:25 am

[quote author=QikLude link=board=GEN;num=1103970062;start=15#20 date=02/21/05 at 18:42:00]What was that? brown and gay?

;D[/quote]

ahahahahahaha............. brown stains/grey gruds??......  :o ;D

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:50 am

Aww man, i dont like this stupid thread any more ::)

Just cos my car's not Urine Yellow doesnt mean its not FASTER than yours ;)

And anyway, its Gold not Brown 8)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:32 am

[quote author=Colza link=board=GEN;num=1103970062;start=15#22 date=02/22/05 at 10:50:57]Aww man, i dont like this stupid thread any more ::)

Just cos my car's not Urine Yellow doesnt mean its not FASTER than yours ;)

And anyway, its Gold not Brown 8)[/quote]

lol.... urine yellows sort of opaque and flourescent...... shit on the other hand is a solid brown colour...... and the only time that colours fast is when its being pulled along ..... ahahaha  :P ::)

nah joking bro.... i used to drive a solid poo brown mazda 929.... the actual colour name was "bracken".... i quite liked it

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:28 am

I dont actually drive my Brown civic any more. That one is getting towed in about 3 weeks. My cuurent one is Gold thankyou very much 8)

Wait wait, dont bother, Gold always comes first ::)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:46 am

lol.... i'd actually say it was more bronze than gold...... and we all know where bronze comes........ :-* ;)

Return to “General”