Interchangeability E-AA - GA City

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
25RUS

Interchangeability E-AA - GA City

Postby 25RUS » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:21 pm

Hello folks!

Anybody knows interchangeable parts between City E-AA and City GA (1, 2)? Is it possible for clutch, transmission etc.?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Interchangeability E-AA - GA City

Postby James » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:25 am

I assume you are talking about those new shape city's the ones that look like a mini 5th gen civic, if you are then no interchangability as far as I know, none at all.
Completely different chassis, suspension, engine, gearbox and car, just same name  ;D They should have te same stud pattern tho, so you might be able to swap wheels between them  :P

25RUS

Postby 25RUS » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:27 pm

It is sad. No more hope take something from GA City. I was interested about LSD from E-GA to E-AA. I have seen many such devices on Yahoo Japan.
There does exist LSD especially for City Turbo E-AA? How you do think?

Mark_Moddy
Forum Regular

LSD for AA City

Postby Mark_Moddy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:06 am

There was a local machinest that did a custom "Quaife type" LSD for Adrian Taylor's rally car. It was in a standard GR gearbox. These are no longer available. I have it in my road going T2 at the moment.

The other option is to fit a 5 speed "GN" gearbox from a Series 2 Civic, and run one of my 'Quaife" LSD's. I use these in my Series 1 Civic rallycar. But you have to use the GN flywheel and starter motor as well.

Another advantage in using a GN gearbox is that you can change the diff ratio from 4.05 to either 4.26 or 4.65. Or 4.71 if you have a Series 1 Civic RS gearbox, or even 4.93 if you want a 4 speed.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:14 pm

Dang, so your hoarding all the Hi-Po diffs :P

Does the diff help in road driving much? Worth the outlay? :)

25RUS

Postby 25RUS » Wed May 04, 2005 1:22 pm

What I have seen on Yahoo Jp (translated by babelfish)

LSD old city march bulldog mirage AA K10 KM160
Is good with the mechanical cable type LSD used item, is, but model does not understand. You think that it is either one of the models which were increased to title but verification we ask with size and form etc.. The drive shaft spline diameter 26 millimeter, both spline several 25, diff. side bearing numbers B-2070Z and 8C07A20 72 millimeters in NTN make side bearing major diameter (Z type side), 69 millimeters, also thickness left and right approximately 12 millimeters, 98 millimeters, ring gear installation pitch 37 millimeter in ring gear inside diameter and 120 millimeters in diagonal length, each of them is between hole center.

What do you think about it?

Return to “General”