Forum History

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Forum History

Postby James » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:04 am

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if theres a cool story behind how this forum was made or something? I was thinking about it the other day and in like the 3 years ive been on here I dont think ive heard anyone talk about it?

;D

Spread the love, tell us all, make it intresting tho, and then we can put it in the infobase :D

mozzy
Admin

Re: Forum History

Postby mozzy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:28 am

I have read the "cool story" a while ago on Brendans PC but I don't know if he wants to share with you's :P :P

Oh, you can also check the internet archive for the wayback stuff ;) http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://cityturbo.com

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:17 pm

Haha the old site was meen,
I joined while the forum was still on the first page of the new forum, after that old site got lost or crashed or something, I see in the for sale section that someone was planning an 1800 turbo build an EK I imagine, I wonder who that was...

C'mon brendan share the dirty dark secrets of the boards history :P

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Well,  I think it started after a few emails back and forth to boostboy and Turbo3.  The site was originally hosted on some guys server from the states that Fader knew through our interests in jet ski's.  

I got annoyed with that server because of ftp login's so started looking for another host.  Thats when PGNUTA offered to host the site on his uber servers :)

Fader has done a few site revisions over the years and at one point came up with that infamous orange city in the banner (no, its not real).  We also switched the front page of the site to go straight into the forum in the last year or so as its the most frequently used part of the site.

At some stage I created a moderators only board on the forum which you guys cant see :p - thats where we talk about everyone behind their backs and share the secret fixes to things like idle hunting and where to buy shockies :D

I've recruited Fader and Mozzy (both my brothers) in the last year or so to keep up the tough moderation with all the new visitors.  QikLude has jumped in there aswell at some stage as he is one of PGNUTA's mates.

James

Postby James » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:13 pm

hehe quite the family business, yeah I noticed when you changed the homepage, that was really handy, it was annoying having to click on forum everytime, or try to remember the link straight to the forum.

Just like to say Im sure everyone who has ever used this forum is really thankful of all the effort you Mod's put into keeping this site going, I'm sure theres a lot that goes on that we don't see so a big thumbs up to you guys for that ;D

*Round of applause*

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:43 pm

heh thanks mate, nice to hear some appreciation every once in a while  ;)

Just looking through that old site and my first news post was on 18/03/02.  The forum was up on 27/03/02.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:44 pm

yeah thanks heaps brendan and all the moderators ;D without city turbo i dont know where ide be, i probly would have sold the city and bought a peugot :P
now lets chuck in to k1w1's cityturbo.com windscreen sticker group buy and tell the world about the site

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:12 am

[quote author=Brendan link=board=GEN;num=1118016249;start=0#3 date=06/06/05 at 13:56:18]Well,  I think it started after a few emails back and forth to boostboy and Turbo3.  The site was originally hosted on some guys server from the states that Fader knew through our interests in jet ski's.  

I got annoyed with that server because of ftp login's so started looking for another host.  Thats when PGNUTA offered to host the site on his uber servers :)

Fader has done a few site revisions over the years and at one point came up with that infamous orange city in the banner (no, its not real).  We also switched the front page of the site to go straight into the forum in the last year or so as its the most frequently used part of the site.

At some stage I created a moderators only board on the forum which you guys cant see :p - thats where we talk about everyone behind their backs and share the secret fixes to things like idle hunting and where to buy shockies :D

I've recruited Fader and Mozzy (both my brothers) in the last year or so to keep up the tough moderation with all the new visitors.  QikLude has jumped in there aswell at some stage as he is one of PGNUTA's mates.[/quote]

That was a long time ago now!  I remember something about a set of pistons i was selling you?  Thats what the emails were about i think!>?  I remember seeing pics of Turbo3's city and absolutely spinning out!  :D

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:34 pm

ahhh thats right I remember those pistons!  Geese all that time ago we were admiring the turbo 3 and we are still waiting to see it kick some butt!  comon Pete! :)

Return to “General”