proud new owner of smithys t2

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

proud new owner of smithys t2

Postby turbocab » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:14 am

thats right folks i now have a sweet t2 sitting in my driveway ;D ;D ;D
it all started early saturday morning when i flew to brisbane arriving at around 745am where i met smithy and exchanged money and reciepts etc,i then started the long journey home,i had planned to stop somewhere along the way and get a hotel room but got about half way and thaught bugger it ile go all the way home :o all up i traveled 977.7 kilometers in about 11 hours(ide like to thank my sponsor red bull :P)
it was a good drive not mutch trafic at all,saw a couple of good rollovers on the side of the highway both 4wheel drives :-/
now all i have to do is get it registered and ime away
matt

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: proud new owner of smithys t2

Postby James » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:23 am

Good effort mate, how did she go on the trip? Nice to drive? Get good mileage?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:01 am

yeah smooth az ime loving the digital dash too
i think it used around the 8l per 100km like it should

James

Postby James » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:42 pm

Cool, yeah I get around 9 liters per 100 on the motorway, but about10 or 11 around town :(

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:53 pm

i went today to get a blue slip to change the registration from queensland to new south wales,they do an inspection of the car etc. and the bastards knocked me back on the most petty things:the indicator/parking light lenses were all orange instead of clear at one end,there is a tiny patch of rust on the door sills either side,a small exhaust leak where whoever did the exhaust didnt weld the top of the join in the pipe,and the sadest of all they say they wont pass it unless i degrease the engine ::) WTF

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:18 pm

just noticed today that they had also put a big ass red stamp on the failure sheet sating i need to get the rta to check the vin no because they cant read the first digit ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) its a six for f@cks sake,it kinda looks like a six :-/
i can see this turning into a real s#it fight,god knows what the nazis down at the rta will do
turbocab= >:(

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:04 am

LOL!

I wouldn't worry too much mate, the RTA in Aus, and Syd have absolutely no idea what the car is! So just the normal noise regulations etc...

On another note, how do you like the feel of it? How would you compare it to the T2 powered Cab?

Tell us your thoughts!!!!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:49 am

dont want to rite off the cab tooo mutch :P as ime going to be selling it soon but the t2 has definatly got better suspension even though it is a year older than the cab,theres a lot less body roll when hard cornering,ime fairly happy with it
on the rta side of things i have to go to west gosford to get the vin checked ::) next tuesday,everywhere round here was booked up for ages
and the bastards issuing the blue slip didnt tell me i needed to fix the rust on the inside of the sills,they just pointed ont the outside bits of rust >:(
and my welding job wasnt good enough on the exhaust so ive bought some muffler putty thatl sort it out

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:34 pm

Yeah i always thought my cab was one of the best handling cars i'd driven (the corner speed and going through roundabouts is just amazing with good tired, never squeeked or squeeled unlike other cars)... that was until i drove a T2.

The power is alot harder to get down, with a turbo rather than N/A engine, with N/A you can hold it flat to the floor through a corner, you wouldn't dare do that with the turbo, or you'd find yourself going straight ::)

(just my experience since my cab was N/A)

Edit: Where's the piccies  :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 pm

piccies look at smithys album :P and then picture my front mount on the car 8) ile take some when i get the new rego sorted and the personalised plates :o
my mums liberty would have to win the prize for the best cornering car ive ever driven,who can argue with pwr steering and all wheel drive 8)so i guess its kinda cheating

James

Postby James » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:16 pm

Ive been in a worked STI that lifted a wheel of the ground around a corner  :o :o

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:24 pm

Yeah, my best friend has a novated LEASE on a MY04 WRX.... ie he drives it like a race car since it isn't his...

2yrs after purchase and they replaced the front rotors and diff.

I've driven that car from newcastle to dubbo and back, it was an amazing experience, but the car just feels too contempory... don't get me wrong, its damn quick and i've been in the car with him going sooo fast around roundabouts in the WET it isn't funny! But you feel like your in an untouchable bubble, which the City's just don't give...

I like the no power steering!!! And power steer when you put your foot down! Makes you feel like your driving instead of doing 200km/h and feeling like your in an arm chair :o

My 2c worth :P

Edit: heck, i thought i was a good driver! But try driving a high powered City T2 in the wet! Every time boost comes on the wheels skid.... The boost on a WRX comes on so linear its just too manageable... I love the power to weight with 2 wheels, if the city was rwd, it would just be deadly  :o

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:38 pm

[quote author=city_cabriolet link=board=GEN;num=1127603695;start=0#11 date=10/01/05 at 20:24:53] But you feel like your in an untouchable bubble, which the City's just don't give...

I like the no power steering!!! And power steer when you put your foot down! Makes you feel like your driving instead of doing 200km/h and feeling like your in an arm chair :o
[/quote]
well said mate
it allways worries me driving the liberty like a maniac just at the thaught that when you do come unstuck its gonna be bigtime unstuck :oand probly kill you
but mum dosemt let me drive it mutch enymore since i rear ended a mercedes in it about 4 monthes ago :-[ :-[ :-[

James

Postby James » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:54 pm

Yeah you dont actually have to go twice the speed limit too have fun driving older cars like ours.

My car is plenty of fun to cane around going a max of about 120 which you can get to relatively quickly.
One of my mates has a rover 220 tomcat turbo, that thing has a top speed of about 300kph and he gets up near there often. It handles at 250 like my car does at about 120.
Go colzas gay way too hard springs ;D

But yeah with the super stiff suspension in my car you feel very very connected to the road, you can feel all the little contours and stuff, makes it great fun to drive hard.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:44 pm

went to the rta station today in gosford and the dude looks at the car says the usual what the f#ck is that thing,has a look at the vin no goes and taps something into his computer signs my piece of paper and says seeya 8)didnt even take 5mins
then on the way back down the freeway to sydney there was a mega traffic jam becuz some tool in a van had a massive accident and the one hour journey turned into a three hour crawl ::)

Return to “General”