New member saying hi

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
HELBND

New member saying hi

Postby HELBND » Tue May 30, 2006 12:32 pm

Well im new here, so i thought id say hello

My name is Ben, i live in auckland, and just last weekend, i picked up an 83 honda city turbo.

It had been sitting in a garage where it was for the last 3 years, but with a new battery, it fired up first time, much to my surprise.

Its hunting rather badly, and it seems to have many a vacuum leak. Me being as lazy as i am, ill probably just replace all vacuum lines with silicone numbers instead of trying to find individual leaks :lol:

future mods planned are a front mount intercooler (looking at a mazda GTX jobbie - anyone know if this will be too small?), bov and a boost controller. After that, who knows

And of course, some pics :oops:

any info on modding is much appreciated, ive had a quick look round, no doubt ill find some more info sometime

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue May 30, 2006 1:12 pm

Hi welcome to the site :D

T1 looks stunning. Saw your post over on the nzhondas fourm, not a bad price you payed for it!.

James

Postby James » Tue May 30, 2006 1:27 pm

hey bro, was just reading your post over on the toyspeed forums and was about to put a link to it over here, beat me to it.

Its a real shame they didn't paint the bumper when they did the rest of it.

yeah the hunting is probably due to a vacuum leak.

A front mount will increase the performance a lot, although the first upgrade I recommend is a 2.5" exhaust, although you will have to port the wastegate to stop yourself over boosting, easy to do at home if you have a die grinder.

This is all considering you are gonna keep driving it of course, and aren't gonna dump it cause of the rust in the engine bay.

Just curious why does it need newfront and back windscreens? are they both broken?

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue May 30, 2006 1:30 pm

bigelboe wrote:hey bro, was just reading your post over on the toyspeed forums and was about to put a link to it over here, beat me to it.

Its a real shame they didn't paint the bumper when they did the rest of it.

yeah the hunting is probably due to a vacuum leak.

A front mount will increase the performance a lot, although the first upgrade I recommend is a 2.5" exhaust, although you will have to port the wastegate to stop yourself over boosting, easy to do at home if you have a die grinder.

This is all considering you are gonna keep driving it of course, and aren't gonna dump it cause of the rust in the engine bay.

Just curious why does it need newfront and back windscreens? are they both broken?

On trademe said Rear was smashed, and front cracked.

As bigelboe said do the exhaust first, noticable diffence in performance. Or at the very least get rid of the Cat.

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue May 30, 2006 7:04 pm

G'day, welcome to the site!

Funky paintjob :D Looks good!

oxijen
Forum Participant

Postby oxijen » Wed May 31, 2006 8:42 pm

hey man... welcome to the forums..

im loving the paint on that beast... and dont mind the rims either :D

Return to “General”