smoke out exhaust

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
hazer
Forum Participant

smoke out exhaust

Postby hazer » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:38 pm

hi ever since i brought my 1984 t2 it has been blowing white smoke and drips water out my exhaust. now i check my radiator and it is all the same no overflow at all and when my turbo kicks in it like a tap out my exchust. i did a compression test and it is round the 140-150 max part.
i just replaced my oil and put stop smoke in it and that dident stop it . also when i rev it ,it pores out smoke. i think it could be my rings but what about the water.
anyone got any ideas i could try

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 pm

What colour is the smoke coming out? DOes it have much of a smell? If it was that much water it smells hard of burning/hot coolant

hazer
Forum Participant

Postby hazer » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

white smoke yer it dose have a bad smell but my coolant is green and this come out clear i put a bucket under my exhaust and it had the colour of fuel on water in it

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:15 am

sounds like your piston rings, cause you're down on compression too

the liquid will undoubtedly remain shrouded in mystery until bigelboe comes up with the answer :P

hazer
Forum Participant

Postby hazer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:42 pm

yer i thought so what is the norm compression i am takeing it apart any way thanks

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:58 pm

water might just be condensation in the exhaust. pretty sure that happens to all cars.

Unless your talking like a steady stream of cup full sof water, not just a few sprayed out dirty drips when the cars first started ! ? ? !

James

Postby James » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:59 pm

TURBOCITYCITY wrote:sounds like your piston rings, cause you're down on compression too

the liquid will undoubtedly remain shrouded in mystery until bigelboe comes up with the answer :P

Haha Ive been thinking about it but its a tricky one. I wouldn't have thought those compression figures were that low, has anyone got the ones out of the manual? If not I will go and dig them out.

Are you *sure* your not using any water?

hazer
Forum Participant

Postby hazer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 am

na it is a constant drip all the time what is the normal compression

mangusta
Forum Enthusiast

Postby mangusta » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Compression figures are fine, city turbo runs 7.6:1 so should expect 120-140 psi.

My dads turbo produces lots of white smoke after it warms up and this appears to be the turbo seals being shot. appears that the oil is being boiled in the exhaust housing and producing a white cloud (burnt oil is normally blue and more smelly)

With the comp figures you have, it means it is likely the rings aren't very old, however, the oil control ring can fail separatye to compression due to poor servicing/bad oil. Could possibly be burning oil, though the smoke is usually blue rather than white for that...

Cheers
Paul

hazer
Forum Participant

Postby hazer » Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 am

yer i took of most of my exhaust to check the water and it was condensation. i got my turbo reconed and put that on, now it is blue smoke dam engine recon

James

Postby James » Mon May 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Noticed when I ran my car for a bit on friday it was putting out quite a few drips and steamy stuff, hopefully its because its just been sitting for ages :/

Return to “General”