Introduction & some help identifying my new City

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
papz

Introduction & some help identifying my new City

Postby papz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi everyone,

This is probably my formal introduction to this forum. I'm more of a lurker then a poster. I'm currently the Art Director of Auto Salon Magazine if anyone is aware of the magazine in Australia and i thought i would say hello as recently i just purchased a new run around.

Working with a car magazine this next question is quite embarrassing. I'm a designer not a writer so i guess info wise i SUCK! Anyways, Question.... What model is my Honda City?

I know nothing about old school cars and I need some help and some help fast because i want to pull this motor out and go turbo!

I currently own a genuine EK9 Civic Type R though it's currently getting rebuilt. I only know so much about that EK civic models and need some help identifying this City as it's going to be my daily driver for the next 12 months and would love to learn its hardware and modify it till i got no more money!

Can anyone help me by directing me to an info link or advise me on this please.

I also need some help with motor choices as i want to go turbo charged.... can anyone help me?

thanks a lot. =]

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:30 am

Well not wanting to state the obvious but it is badged a City ProT. :wink: Which I beleive it pretty much what all aussie delivered Citys were !?!?

Again the cityTurbo2 engine would be best option, but finding a good one to drop in would be a challange I beleive.

Through searchs you'l find many a discussion on engine swaps possibilities , or thhe potentila for them anyway.

Welcome to posting!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:29 am

What he said ^^

Welcome to the site.

There are a few engine options. Some easy, some not so easy.

If you have money or mad skills to burn swap in a d/b series vtec from a newer Honda.

If you don't have money but some time, swap in a carbie 1800 or 1600 from an accord or prelude (for not much gain really).

If you have a little money, and a fair bit of time, and happen to find a city turbo with a rubbish body but a good motor, you could swap the engine and all the wiring and dash between that car and your Pro T.

By far the most preferable option of all would be to sell it and buy a city turbo :D They aren't so rare that you have to make your own yet.

papz

Postby papz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Thanks heaps for the comments. I wouldn't mind finding a city turbo half cut or finding a city turbo for sale i guess. =]

The city turbo half cut will be more fun because ill be actaully modifying the car i believe though then again i could buy a complete model and spend some money on some nice wheels and other goodies.

Thanks for the insight.

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I've done some research though on your particular example.

Rather than a City Pro T its actually referred to as a CityPro Kit-T.
Yours seems to retain the Mugan developed roof mounted pussy cat for aerodynamic effect. :wink:

good score there!

post script.
do not be alarmed but it appears Adolf Hitler has been reincarnated as your cat.

papz

Postby papz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm

hahaha

I'm willing to give my sisters Mugen Hitler cat away for FREE!

I hate it! Loves to sit on cars. Back in the day my EK was parked outside and he was on the bonnet. i got the hose, turned it on full blast and shot him with water.

was the best thing i did all my life!

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 am

Have you considered a fur hat ,be cool seeing Dan'l Boone driving a Pro-T.
Just for the record ,roof mounted pussy ain't half bad at all. :wink:

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 pm

OK, so I thought the Hitler cat comment hilarious...

Turns out there is a website dedicated to such cats.

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:48 am

If I were you i wld just sell your car and jump straight to city turbo2!

=) but thats just me :D

Return to “General”