My T1 Build Starts Here

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:39 pm

its a T2 one I believe...

Dxs
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Dxs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:51 pm

classic parts there..

how much did they set you back?

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Where did you manage to find those parts?

And reading on that lsd box, looks to fit a honda city turbo as well, which is interesting, does that mean a civic lsd will fit in a city?

James

Postby James » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Flatback civic non Si (EW engine) diff is compatible with the T2 diff, although they aren't the same part, I think you have to use the appropriate crown wheel. This car is like the T2's sister. The engines are very similar, it is the only other injected CVCC motor. A city turbo engine will start and run on an EW ECU!

In fact the internals are interchangable as fas as I know, different gear ratios tho.

He got them from Japan, if Alex wants to give more details Ill leave that to him :D

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:25 am

Yeah i brought everything from japan the diff i got for 3k yen im very certian its the mugen they said it was from a 3g civic with the EW motor.

the Hks gauges are about 3k yen each

and the wastegate was 5k

thats all plus comission and shipping in japan then japan to NZ so reasonbly pricy probably 2-400NZD definately cheap for the sort of stuff though.

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:19 am

Did you get them on yahoo auctions?

Can I please get the details so I can start looking for some items.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:44 am

hot set of new toys :)

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Yes everything from Yahoo Japan Auctions, stuff is very hard to find on there i only find things because i look for a very long time.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 am

been a long time time comming but the engine swap is on, its a T2 engine thats been put in along with my original T1 gearbox clutch and flywheel.

Going to put a T2 turbo on for now and make a better dump pipe until i can get the new manifold for the T25 sorted out, i have had a bit of a play with the T25 in the bay just to try get an idea of where to put it.

The new, in the bay
The old (in need of rebuild not sure what to do with it)

Just an idea of where i want the turbo to sit, the housings do need rotating to suit, looks like there is enough space but its going to be an interesting looking manifold.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun May 03, 2009 4:04 pm

im not sure how good a bigger turbo such as that would be in the city eh?
feel free to ignore, but this is what ive found...

Having driven my city round a bit now with it rebuilt motor and heavily modded turbo i would be careful in swapping the city item completely out for something larger..

Although in saying that a new manifold (as you would have to build) if done well would make a hell of a difference compared to the factory "log style" manifold.

with a bored out (to the max) city exhaust housing then isuzu mu turbo core and late model GTX compressor housing and GTX (1600) compressor wheel the car drives like a large turbo'd bigger car if you know what i mean?
- turbo chargers NZ made it.

Boost is a bit slow and basicly nothing in 1st gear (which is good) once over 3000rpm it picks up and very rapidly, unlike factory it revs out nicely into redline with lots of power!

I was going to autox it last weekend but have been to busy unfortunatly, maybe next time :)

Ive got a FCD to put in to it aswell, i only have a cheap boost controller and it finds it difficult to keep boost under control once above 10psi so hits limit if pushed hard which is annoying.
So i havent been able to give it lots of boost, but like most cars it gets very excitied with more :twisted:

anyway, feel free to ingore me :)

Cheers

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 pm

will see how it goes its its a T25 with a AR of 48 on the hotside i also have another with 47 hotside so can possibly run that if its too laggy,

Im keen to see how it goes with a close to equal length manifold with a proper collector and a higher CR ratio on a rebuilt motor (was thinking around 8.5)

Decent fuel management and tune also required.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun May 03, 2009 6:07 pm

I shaved the head down as much as poss and it got the compression up to only around 8:1

yeh a good manifold would make a difference i think!

Cheers

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Brakes are on after a bit of messing with brake pads to find some that fit the calipers, they are about as bit as what fits under 13s 3mm space between the caliper and the wheel lol.

need to change the rack ends to T2 ones because after installing T2 lower arms the toe out is epic,

craybait
Donating Member

fuel filter

Postby craybait » Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 pm

the replacement looks like a good idea,I have had no luck sourcing the original filter in perth, can you post which model honda yours came from

James

Postby James » Tue May 05, 2009 10:44 am

QikLude wrote:I shaved the head down as much as poss and it got the compression up to only around 8:1

yeh a good manifold would make a difference i think!

Cheers

Have you got an adjustable cam wheel to offset the negative cam timing you get from shaving the head? It can make quite a lot of difference. You can also do it with an offset key.

Return to “General”