My T1 Build Starts Here

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Fri May 08, 2009 5:20 pm

bigelboe wrote:
QikLude wrote:I shaved the head down as much as poss and it got the compression up to only around 8:1

yeh a good manifold would make a difference i think!

Cheers

Have you got an adjustable cam wheel to offset the negative cam timing you get from shaving the head? It can make quite a lot of difference. You can also do it with an offset key.

no i dont, just played with the timing after ive got it running, isnt ideal but its ok.

Cheers

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 pm

Im working on a suitable adj cam gear hopefully will require little or no modification to work on the ER.

Got the dump flange sorted out and bolted to the turbo and i have mocked up the dump pipe(not pictured) just need to do some tidying up and some welding.

The flange

2.5 inch mandrel bends i had hanging around, this is just for the turbine out, the waste gate is has a seperate pipe.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri May 15, 2009 8:49 pm

did about 4 hours into setting up the dump pipe how i want it, just need to check all the bolt holes for clearance/clearance them if required, and sort out the rest of the wastegate piping

only pieces im slightly not happy with is i didnt have a bend good enough to run straight off the turbo so its on a slight angle, but its a 2.5 inch pipe for 2inch out of the turbo so it should be ok for now

Dont like the pie piece i had to put in further down between the 1st and second pipes, but it should flow better than stock for sure,

craybait
Donating Member

a question on welding

Postby craybait » Fri May 15, 2009 11:27 pm

I have just acquired a mig,and notice the nice welds,exhaust and body are you using gas and 0.6 wire or 0.8 and no gas,thanks[mine look like cocky shit]

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Sat May 16, 2009 9:04 am

.8 with Co2 is what im using.

my welds are a bit shit in places but still learning how to get decent welds even after a couple of years owning and using it.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm

You have to be careful using a split dump like that on a City turbo. I was running something similar a while back and it caused me chronic overboost problems because the split line interfered with the wategate flapper.

In the end i ditched the whole thing and went to a bigger single downpipe.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun May 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Holy shit he's back.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon May 18, 2009 9:22 am

Colza wrote:You have to be careful using a split dump like that on a City turbo. I was running something similar a while back and it caused me chronic overboost problems because the split line interfered with the wategate flapper.

In the end i ditched the whole thing and went to a bigger single downpipe.

Do you just mean it didn't allow it to open enough to control the boost cause setup this way with the pipe mocked up it opens further than factory, i will also be porting out the wastegate hole in the exhaust housing.

James

Postby James » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah he had one made by someone, paid quite a bit for it and it only let the flapper open about 40degrees, made it overboost pretty badly. Mike_NZ now has this pipe I believe and its been modified to work.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon May 18, 2009 5:38 pm

all right well i'l have a play and get it to open up as far as possible before final welding.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 am

Yeah he had one made by someone, paid quite a bit for it and it only let the flapper open about 40degrees, made it overboost pretty badly.

Ha. That would explain why it was hitting 20psi before I took it off the road!

James

Postby James » Tue May 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Haha I thought I told you why it wasn't on my car :P Probably just needs a bash and grind.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

pretty sure i get closer to 50 degrees of opening, did both the turbos used with it have a ported out wastegate?

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Been working hard on this mainly with wiring and interior.

Removed ALL the sound deadening from the interior re installed the heater box and that AC delete is from a NZ New model. Also installed an alarm system and central locking to go with it,

Found out my my clock wasn't working and fixed that while the dash was out, also did the nesc wiring and put the two gauges in the center vents, need to work on the vents a bit to get the gauges to fit inside.

One of my parts cars had KYB shocks in ok cond and these blue lowering springs for all 4 corners, spring rate is quite stiff be interesting to see what they are like on the road.

Awaiting a good clean before assembly.

Downpipe almost finished just need to weld in the o2 bung and find and weld in a suitable bung for the EGT probe, Not the tidiest DP ever but sure it will be better than stock.

After a lot of messing around got the dash installed.

Installed some carpet not the tidiest but it will do until i find some more, almost done with the interior just a couple more bits to install.

Need one black dash vent if anyone has one...
Last edited by 3GCVC on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Dump pipe looks sweet :D

Return to “General”