Rust?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
MUnity
Forum Regular

Rust?

Postby MUnity » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:59 pm

I had a look at a really nice 84 Pro-T today. Outwardly, the car looked very nice. The interior was also really nice and didn't stink like is typical of a 25yo car. Drove well enough with an slight miss at idle. A/C worked but noisy.

But on looking closer over the body, it had rust in the strut tower, firewall, top of the tail gate (forgot to check the bottom), and the top rear inside of the roof (can't work out why that spot is a rust trap?!). Also some at the base of the front/ rear windows which had been previously re-touched.

My question is, given that this is the nicest car I've seen, are they all going to have rust in those spots?

I'm debating if my T1 is too far gone as it has rust in all the same spots (only worse), so are there any good cars actually left?

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Unless they have been garaged all there life theres bugger all non rusty ones around!

I know here in NZ most of the turbo 1/2s get picked up and thrashed as a cheap car which doesnt tend to involve a garage or much looking after.

The pillars and rear hatch rust spots are pretty common unfortunatly now days :(

Im hoping the value of our good restored ones might actualy go up over the coming years :lol:

Cheers

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I have seen a few complete mintas around here, one garaged only with like 60,000 km's but they are generally not turbos as the ones in good nick were bought by an older person and just kept until they cant drive anymore.

Id like to think that too Quilude, I recon the prices for these old Hondas have bottomed out now and will only go up.

Return to “General”