Electrical help please

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
CIV2NV
Forum Regular

Electrical help please

Postby CIV2NV » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 pm

hi

i am having a small problem with the ignition in my city conversion, the problem started after driving down a bumpy road to the river.

The problen is that the starter wire behind the key barrel starts to smoke when the key is turned on, the starter wire goes from the key to the starter motor then to the main relay and ECU. When i just put the starter wire on the starter motor and not the relay and ECU there is no problem and when i just put the starter wire on the main relay and ECU wire there is no problem but when i put them both on the starter wire the key barrel will start to smoke and the starter wire melts off the barrel.

Any help would be appreciated.

And does anyone know what the blue and white wire that connects to pin A7 on the ECU does?? the one that goes to the main relay and starter power?

thanks

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Sounds like the contacts inside the ignition switch are worn this is a problem i have come across quite a lot sometimes jiggling it and turning it on and off a few times makes it work.
You Might have to either find a replacement or fix it by opening it up and stretching the springs so they put more force on the contacts and possibly give it a clean inside usually fixes it at least for a while until you find another one.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:26 pm

3GCVC wrote:Sounds like the contacts inside the ignition switch are worn this is a problem i have come across quite a lot sometimes jiggling it and turning it on and off a few times makes it work.
You Might have to either find a replacement or fix it by opening it up and stretching the springs so they put more force on the contacts and possibly give it a clean inside usually fixes it at least for a while until you find another one.

yip i agree, bad contacts

CIV2NV
Forum Regular

Postby CIV2NV » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I have put a new ignition in and it has fixed the problem.

Thanks alot for your help

Return to “General”