Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
JamesSA

Postby JamesSA » Sun May 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey guys
Just bought myself a little yellow terror as a daily driver. Its a 1983 City Pro T.
I must say i am surprised with the get up and go this little 1200cc carby motor has.
Been reading through the forum and notice there is not much in the way of mods possible with the standard motor, like extractors and such. So i guess it'll be a matter of a sports exhaust and mags for now :(
Was at the local wreckers and spotted a twin carb motor in an early Civic, any info on fitting this in my car?
Only new to the City's, but would love to get a T2. Big change from my other car, an R33 GTS-t, but for the better maybe :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: Newbie

Postby turbocab » Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm

welcome to the site mate!
JamesSA wrote: Big change from my other car, an R33 GTS-t, but for the better maybe :D

is that because there is more of them getting around than commodores lol!

Brad_kc
Forum Participant

Re: Newbie

Postby Brad_kc » Thu May 07, 2009 10:16 pm

JamesSA wrote:
Was at the local wreckers and spotted a twin carb motor in an early Civic, any info on fitting this in my car?
Only new to the City's, but would love to get a T2. Big change from my other car, an R33 GTS-t, but for the better maybe :D

hello

i got a carbie City as well for getting to work . does your city seem to be an understeerer ? thats what sticks out the most to me in the base , non-turbo model Citys

i dont know for sure , but the Turbo model may have a different front suspension set-up compared to the vanilla model . could be that it got updated with the T2 model because they did get changes .

i only say that because they raced the T2 model quite a bit back in its day , & the normal City has horrible handeling so it would seem odd to me if the T2 was exactly the same . T2's are getting really rare , good luck on finding one dude :-(

your City has a Honda E engine . when the Honda CRX came out , they had the D engine & civics from then on had them as well . on this i could be wrong as well , but if this engine you saw was a twin carb , then it probablly was a D

ive seen D & B engines fitted to Citys , but it looks like a tight fit & a load of custom work

forgot to add , these Citys are about as strong as coke cans , if you get hit while driving one , it aint going to be pretty :O

JamesSA

Postby JamesSA » Sat May 09, 2009 12:15 am

Yeah its a good cheap run around.
Dont find understeer such a problem, more the body roll. But you get that when your weekend car has coilovers and rose jointed links lol.
Still weighing up the option of a transplant, or maybe just get a T2 front cut.
Just cant help myself, was ment to be a car i wouldn't modify, but the bug has bitten :D

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Sat May 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Welcome aboard . Where ya from ? Hey Brendan how bout making it a compulsory field in sign up profile ?

JamesSA

Postby JamesSA » Sat May 30, 2009 3:00 pm

K1W1 wrote:Welcome aboard . Where ya from ? Hey Brendan how bout making it a compulsory field in sign up profile ?

Hey K1W1.
im from out north of Adelaide near Muno Para.
Surprisingly after buying mine i've noticed a few more on the Adelaide roads. Have seen a dark blue one in the city and a red one on Main North road with Honda in yellow across the bottom of the doors.
Pretty sure i saw a white T2 near the girlfriends place at Salibury Heights too!
Few little dramas in the month i've had it, mainly rough idle and stuff. But a little tinkering with the timing and the carby and she's al running pretty sweet now!

Brad_kc
Forum Participant

Postby Brad_kc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:50 pm

yea i notice the same model more whenever ive gotten another car

here in NZ , the first model Citys are quite commen . officially imported & sold reasonably well . im hooked on GA2's myself & they are rare here

Return to “General”