what's da prob with me city T1?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
crooky
Forum Enthusiast

what's da prob with me city T1?

Postby crooky » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:42 am

Just got a city T1.  Love it, but....  It's got a prob, hopefully only small.  It idles a bit rough and misses sometimes when it comes on boost.  After driving it for a while it will totally loose power and cut out.  It won't start again for a while after this.  Temperature of engine is fine.  Seems to be a spark problem or ignition??? Anybody know what this is??  Thanks

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Re: what's da prob with me city T1?

Postby kenny » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:55 am

Hey

i had a similar problem with my T2, it could be the fuel relay. migth be the problem just try it and see if its it.

thanks kenny

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Fri May 02, 2003 2:13 pm

might be some of your computer earths or maybe a bad conection somewere, i had a friend with the same prob in a 2litre turbo 121(rx5) but i would just die when it got hot and not start again till it was cold, turned out to be one of the trigger wires in the dizzy had come unplugged and was just sitting on the terminal the heat made enough resistance to break the circuit causing it to stop running >:(

civicT2

Postby civicT2 » Fri May 02, 2003 11:00 pm

I have a problem with my t2.  In 1st and 2nd it will rev out all the way to redline, but in 3rd it will only rev to 5500rpm before it cuts out.  Boost gauge shows 12psi, so I don't think its the boost cut.

Can anybody help? ???

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Sat May 03, 2003 10:56 pm

I think I know what the problem is now.  I'm pretty sure my turbo just bit the dust.  F*#ken spewin!  I was driving back from Sydney to Newcastle on the freeway and the turbo (which was aready playing up) started to miss and then surge and then what do you know... car cuts out again.  This time when I got it going again there was very little boost to speak of and when it did come on boost it made funny noises (although I wasn't laughing).  Is this generally what happens when yer turbo bites it?  Anybody know where to get a new Turbo that doesn't cost the earth?  F#@k Sh%t Moth$r F#@ker.  There ive said my peace.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun May 04, 2003 10:27 am

stink :( bad luck dude.

Thats the bigest problem i find with them here in NZ, theve done thousands of k's and eventualy the turbo dies... most of the time the motors fine thankfully tho!

Jw

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun May 04, 2003 8:19 pm

Oh dear, that doesnt bode well for my my 380 000km ex-marathon city :'(

Will spending a bit to get it reconditioned now save it from dying in a few years (months??) time?

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun May 04, 2003 8:21 pm

if its done that many ks dude, i would definatly be looking at getting the turbo rebuilt!

Jw

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Tue May 06, 2003 11:59 am

you can get a fully recond one from turbo techin christchurch for about $400 but they also come out on a desiel  izuzu bighorn so u could try a 4wd wreckers and c what theyve got

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Tue May 06, 2003 3:46 pm

yeah? the big diseasil has the same turbo?
same a/r ratio etc???

hmm must go hunt one out :)

Jw

Return to “General”