computer codes

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
jono

computer codes

Postby jono » Fri May 02, 2003 2:19 pm

hi
i am new to this group and i have a question for you all.
i have just put a city motor im my civic. but the thing wont start it comes up with the code 8 on the computer dose anyone have a list of the codes that they could email to me. thanks

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Re: computer codes

Postby campbell » Thu May 29, 2003 10:36 pm

Jono,

The code 8 is a problem with the TDC sensor.  The problem may, or may not, be still there.  Check all of the connections and reset the ECU.  If the problem persists, remove and overhaul the TDC sensor.  Resolder any electrical joints that could be suspect.

Good luck,
Campbell

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Thu May 29, 2003 11:33 pm

Be real carefull if you are re-soldering the leads to the coils, one touch of the iron and the joint will melt out of the plastic mount. Been there, done that!!

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:18 pm

Ah, Henry, I was hoping for your experience to be revealed here.  So practice your soldering skills on some non-critical things first (like SMDs in Mums VCR.)

Regards,
Campbell

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:45 pm

It's not a matter of skill Campbell, by the time you generate enough heat to melt the solder, you have melted the metal ferrule( that the wire is soldered into) out of the piece of plastic it is mounted in. Would suggest checking it first with digital multimeter. Procedure and readings already posted here somewhere. If required, just try to add a bit of solder rather than try to disconnect it entirely.  If it's a T1 the plug is easily accessible but the T11 is a challenge. My experiences with this are also posted.  Cheers Henry

Return to “General”