whats this hose?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
crooky
Forum Enthusiast

whats this hose?

Postby crooky » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:40 pm

Just found a big split in that hose going from the top of the passenger side of the head to somewhere underneath the throttle body (also passenger side).  It's the one that just plugs in to the top of the motor.  Anybody know what this hose is for and how a split in this would affect the running of the car.  Car does not cruise well.  Also..where would I get a new one?  I'm in Newcastle, NSW. ;D ;D

QikLude
Forum Addict

Re: Da..what dis hose?

Postby QikLude » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:26 pm

Is it the hose right off the top of the valve cover?

big fat one?

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: Da..what dis hose?

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:25 pm

PCV valve hose.  Fix it up, it'll make the engine run 100% better.  Just use a piece of fuel hose.

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Re: whats this hose?

Postby crooky » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:13 pm

Yeah i think we're talking about the same hose.  It has a one way valve and plugs straight into that hole on top of the motor on the passenger side and goes down to somewhere under the throttle body. What does it do?  A mechanic told me that it does bugger all and a lot of people even block them up at both ends.  Although it should be said that I don't trust mechanics anymore.  Any idea what size fuel hose boostboy?  That stuffs a lot thicker than the vacuum hose and it's hard to tell what will fit

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:22 am

Crooky, from our experience with vacuum plumbing and such, I would recommend keeping that hose. Check the size of the fitting that goes into the top of the rocker cover, and get a fuel line that has an internal diameter to fit - probably around quarter inch, from memory. It pulls quite a bit of air through the engine (and sucks out any blowby if your rings are getting old)

Make sur eou re-use the little metal valve fitting at the rocker cover end of the hose, and put it the right way round when you re-assemble into the new hose.

Regards

John

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:03 pm

Done, done and done.  Was suprisingly easy.  Did make a difference.  Car pulls a lot harder higher in the rev range and is a bit smooother.  Cheers

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:21 pm

yeah bro don't block it or you'll blow a seal or two.. dont leave it hanging unattached either or you'll suck dirt into the motor

Return to “General”