City Turbo LSD

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)
hobbyhorse05

City Turbo LSD

Postby hobbyhorse05 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Am new to City turbo.but have 1st gen Civic turbo, and has City gearbox.
I see posts, what LSD is avail?
Mine has DOHC ZC turbo, and a mild 150kw

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi, I'm also new to this forum (own a GA2 city). I see your civic has a ZC engine, what makes you believe it has a city g/box? Do you know which city it came from if so?

hobbyhorse05

LSD

Postby hobbyhorse05 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:00 pm

was told it had one, saw the receipt for it.
it is tiny compared to a ZC box that i have as a spare, or a civic box, so am sure it is. I have a spare box and pulled it apart and the diff is TINY, snd is the same as the box in the car.mark Moddy told me someone on the board here modified a quaife to fit. i am after 2, as I need one for my car and the car i am building for my Son

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Not sure what you mean by a quaife, do you mean an adapter plate? What model ZC is it? Is it the early "browntop" as fitted to the Gen1 CRX's or the "blacktop" as fitted to Gen2 CRX's (also D16A8's) as I believe the clutches and g/boxes are different between early and late. What would stop you from using the ZC g/box which was a factory option in both CRX and Civics?

hobbyhorse05

LSD

Postby hobbyhorse05 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 am

umm, be no confusion. I need and LSD for the Diff. The gearbox is in and fits. LSD, ATB whatever you wanna call it, Quaife UK make them.
Can anybody answer me this....

hobbyhorse05

LSD

Postby hobbyhorse05 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks Threebot,
any intel is good. well i want 2 so that is a start

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm

It will be the box from a GA-2 city d13 motor, not from an ER City motor, so the research done on here about diffs won't cross over. I would get hold of a diff from the same gearbox as is in your car, measure it accurately, and find the most suitable replacement on the quaife website, they have drawings of all the diffs, although they can be a little tricky to find.

Your car must be insanely fast with that combo in it!!

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:08 pm

I have a LSD which is aparently from a GA2 gearbox, if you measure yours up i could compare to what i have here

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”