Cabriolet(s) found on eBay!

Buy and sell Honda City's and Parts (Honda City's only please!)

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 am

1 on sale is rare, 3 is unheard of and a genuine turbo version is the Honda dream come true. Nice finding.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:58 pm

honda-pop wrote:1 on sale is rare, 3 is unheard of and a genuine turbo version is the Honda dream come true. Nice finding.

There is no genuine turbo cabriolet they are all conversions.

Other then someone saying there was some (a very long time ago) there has been no proof that they ever existed. Nothing from any Honda literature, or Honda's current archive website mention a turbo cab.

Aside from all that, those badges on it do not match the styling on any of the other turbo city badges of that period.

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:09 pm

I stand corrected. Although I will say this, records of all variants produced by the various manufacturing plants are not always kept in the official files of the home manufacturer. I'm not saying this is the case with Honda but certainly this occurs with others. Just as a matter of interest I have discovered that on the ED Civic 90-91 update model there are 3 different bump strip mouldings on the front bar. 1 is similar to the 87-89 CRX, 1 is wider and flatter with a groove in the centre and the 3rd has a replacable decorative strip at the top of the bump strip, all within the 1 year of production. The bar otherwise is the same styling wise. U.S production of the Aerodeck SW (sold also in Aus) has a front bar which protrudes out more than the AUDM CB Accord, also with a different bump strip.

As another example of local production variation, Ford NZ produced a variant of the Mk2 Cortina circa 1970 which was a combination of the GT and the executive models with the nomenclature (not surprisingly) of GTE, unique to NZ. In the 40's, 50's and 60's the Hillman Minx and SuperMinx were also produced only in NZ as the Humber 80 and 90 with different trim and grille treatment.

You may be able to shed some light on this, but I note that the hondamatic's Vin is FA1002457, the turbo's is 093S8019 and the red one's is an import # (would be interesting to find out it's original Vin#) because they could identify which factory they were produced at, because in the case of the turbo, it may have been produced ex-factory.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”