Setting Up Cam Timing on a PRO T

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
trustpower
Forum Regular

Setting Up Cam Timing on a PRO T

Postby trustpower » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 pm

im having a bit of difficulty setting up the cam timing on my Pro T after rebuilding the engine.

my first mistake was not thouroughly studying the setup before hand.

1. For anyone who's done it, can you tell me which is the mark for TDC no.1 cylinder on the crank?

Looking through the inspection hole at the flywheel theres a white T shaped marking, then if you go clockwise with the crank you see another few markings, one is red with what looks like either a 10 or a 0 above it.

Im pretty sure you line the marker up with the white T shape, but just need to clarify.

2. Is the Cam set to TDC no.1 cyl by lining up the two grooved lines 180 degrees apart on the cam gear either side of the head face and the indent in the hole of the cam gear to the top? Thats all i could make out from the japanese manual.

Also, which way does the NA CITY ER motor spin? clockwise or anticlockwise?

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: Setting Up Cam Timing on a PRO T

Postby Henry » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:53 pm

There is a timing mark on the front side of the pulley that must be lined up with an arrow on the head when No 1 is at TDC on the compression stroke. Motor turns anti-clockwise when viewed from the pulley end. Hope that helps.

trustpower
Forum Regular

Re: Setting Up Cam Timing on a PRO T

Postby trustpower » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:25 pm

thanks, the cam timing is not that hard to work out, i lined up the grooved mark on the cam pulley with the arrow on the head.

Its the crank thats more confusing, because that little hole you look through shows a white |-  shape and then a little bit further round and theres some other marks and one is red with what looks like a 10 above it, but its possible a 0 and another straight line marking...

so anyways, the cam belt is on and im assuming the white line is tdc no.1 and ive adjusted the tappets and everything, tensioned the belt and it turns over fine.

Might just see how that goes.

Return to “General”