How can I get timing belt for 1984 City Turbo? Oth

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
bmten

How can I get timing belt for 1984 City Turbo? Oth

Postby bmten » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:21 am

How can I get timing belt for 1984 City Turbo? Other parts? Thank you in advance.

trustpower
Forum Regular

Re: How can I get timing belt for 1984 City Turbo?

Postby trustpower » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:08 am

Depends where abouts you are...

If youre in Australia then any autoparts retailer should be able to supply you with a timing belt kit or timing belt.

Just ring up Bursons or Repco or look up the DAYCO web site (google it) and find the part number through the online catalogue.

Im pretty sure that the turbo and nonturbo motors use the same timing belt... someone here may be able to clarify this though...

If you're overseas then it might be a little trickier and involve ordering the part through a distributor where you are or getting one shipped out.

bmten

Postby bmten » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:36 am

Thank you!! I live in the USA. Did they sell city turbos in NewZealand or any english speaking country? Where could I get other parts? CV joints, tie rod ends..

trustpower
Forum Regular

Postby trustpower » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:00 pm

City Turbo's were only sold in Japan im pretty sure. Everywhere else theyre imports.

If you need other parts, there's plenty of places in Australia that have second hand parts, it'd be a matter of ringing around and then organising shipping over to the US.

Always worth trying on here if you need parts though, someone may be wrecking or selling a CITY and have parts they can sell you.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 pm

City turbos have very good parts support here in New Zealand because they were imported in significant numbers.

You can still some parts new from honda, although they are extortionate some times its nice to have genuine.

I have helped justin out before with getting some parts to Canada so if anyone else not local to the Tasman wants parts I can prolly help them out too.

Return to “General”