Got me another city

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Got me another city

Postby crooky » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Well...it's not turboed but I got myself a very straight and very well loked after City Pro T. Goes great!  I certainly miss the old push in the back but the NA version is quite torquey and nice to drive.  I wonder who has my old "Black Betty" now?

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Got me another city

Postby AnimaLector » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:38 am

Black Betty has gone to CHupa...  I bought a intercooler for it, but never got round to fitting it..  he's since had it fitted and the inlet manifold modified for feed from the top... as far as I know she's running perfect.. I think he even took it to the drags a couple of times..  anyways it was a great car... good to hear you have yourself another one.

ANdy

chupa
Forum Regular

Postby chupa » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:15 pm

She's out of commission at the moment, but she'll be back.  No 2 isn't firing, and the spark plug is way too oily... The head's off and getting looked at but the good news is that the compression is ok and there's no water in the oil.

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Postby crooky » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:58 pm

I saw a picture of it somewhere at the drags. how'd she go?

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:10 pm

perhaps now is the time to fit the new reco'd camshaft I had done up...  Hopefully you can get it up and running again soon.

Andy

chupa
Forum Regular

Postby chupa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:52 pm

She didn't go so well, though i blame driver incompetence more than anything else (first time)...  I blew the turbo a while back (leak in the turbo oil feed), and i got the new cam put in when i got the turbo reconditioned.  Either the cam, new turbo, or the combination of the new cam and new turbo really shifted the effective rev range, and she became completely gutless down low :(  .... though i had some questions about the fuel supply too.

Well anyway, i didn't get to try it too much before i blew umm (the mechanic called it the cvcc injector guide).  I really need a good diagram or something to work out how these things are different to normal engines...

The head's off now. I've got the old cam rebuilt and i'll put it back in (should lower the number of variables trying to get some power down low).  While they're at it i'll get the autochoke i got from bigelboe in and see if it'll fix the old idle problem.

Really starting to miss the girl

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:14 pm

Yeah I got the performance grind..  I can't imagine it would have much guts down low with a perfromance cam grind and only 1.2L worth of motor trying to compensate... sounds like you've had a coupla issues.. although I guess once fixed it'll be right for quite a while.

Andy

Return to “General”