YO my city needs help!!!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
HONDACITYT

YO my city needs help!!!

Postby HONDACITYT » Sun May 30, 2004 8:58 am

YO i just registered 2 dis website i own a city turbo 1 with a bodykit and full paint job white with a blue pearl. my city runs like a dog at the moment as i am tryin 2 fix my idle. i am starting to replace pipes from the black box of tricks. is this the right place to start as there are also 3 lights on on my engine computer. what does the lights on the engine computer mean and how can i fix them? :-/

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Re: YO my city needs help!!!

Postby Hyperblade » Sun May 30, 2004 9:10 am

Hey Welcome to the site

The Honda City Infobase has all the computer codes and what they mean.

Cheers
Ben

zipper

Postby zipper » Sun May 30, 2004 10:18 am

Hey man,

I just got a Turbo 1 like a week ago and im having all the same sort of troubles (the damn surging) rough idling so my city is also running like a dog. I have just gotta save up some cash so I can get them repaired.

The problem with the Idle is an annoying one (I assume it the surging of the engine) but check your vacume lines and fuel filter first and if that doesnt fix it - ask im allout of answers!

;) goodluck

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun May 30, 2004 10:56 am

Cmon guys, the INFOBASE is there for a reason! All these questions are dealt with there because they are frequently asked. After you have tried everything there, THEN you post a question. SEARCH will also be able to answer most if not all of these problems and will even find the right infobase topics for you. Wow isnt than handy...

Oh, HONDACITYT, post some pics of that city of yours, sounds like its a beauty ;D

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Mon May 31, 2004 12:02 am

Gentlemen

Usually the problem of surging and such is caused by minor vacuum leaks - typically in those lines to the black box! If you haven't had the engine / throttle body apart to play with, this is the check out sequence for surging and all that.

1) Have a read of the posts in the info base (But finish reading this first!) because the details are there.

2) The surging is usually either an air leak into the inlet manifold after the throttle plate - and that usually means one of the little black vacuum lines. Replace them all, but don't mix the little beggars up. Make sure they are a snug fit - no oversized tubing! And look out for where they go into after market boost gauges - likely to be a size mismatch, and a leak. Another posibility here is some clever dick has used the throttle stop screw to adjust the idle - see my post on adjusting idle in the infobase.

3) There is a little bleed nipple on the thermostat housing - let some coolant out of it along with any air bubbles. If no air bubbles, that's good. Don't tell us you're just running water, you need green coolant (good, strong stuff) or you won't have an engine / water pump or anything for long.

Now have a read of the posts.

John

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon May 31, 2004 6:58 pm

Dont forget the 'throttle plate sticking open' one. Has same effect as the little throttle stop being screwed in too far, but a slightly different cause. Had a metal shaving stuck in mine jamming it open about 0.5mm. Took ages to track that one down ::)

Return to “General”