N/A City twin carb setup ?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Kam
Forum Regular

Re: N/A City twin carb setup ?

Postby Kam » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:10 pm

I also like tony's idea.  I've seen a setup like that on a 'GEMINI' (shitbox) and it sounds awsome.  Nothing sounds better than quad throttles!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:31 pm

There was a guy on the 2nd gen forum trying to flog off a second gen civic with a quad throttle B18C! Sounded rather tasty though it did have a multi (ten i think) thousand dollar price tag. That was probably $US too :o

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:40 pm

Cheers for some good ideas and still looking for others if any out there , could I be the first to supercharge one .
On another note ...
Just replaced the puss bucket unit with a second hand one that has a bastard of a tap tap tap tap at start up
It is not a tappett and goes away if engine revved to a certain degree and only just there when engine warmed up and at idle but never goes away.
Henry check your messages

eddie
Forum Enthusiast

Postby eddie » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:16 pm

I want thinking about doing the same thing before but realise the cost it invlove and cheap out!!

Anyway so I went to AutoBarn and looking for ideas for more air flow into the engine. So I ask some of the stuff although they are not helpful at all, he did point out the most simple way. K&N or RAM-AIR air filter and make a bigger pipe for the inlet (red circle).

I guess this wouldn't help or do much, but cost isn't so bad as well.

Hope this Help!!!  (Ha!!  Like this would) ;D ;D

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:30 pm

I've had two cars previously with twin carbs .One I did myself (mini) with twin SU set-up that thing really flew but the motor was an ex Strong Bros racing 1100 motor .The other was a Datsun 1200 SSS that had twin 45 Delortos and that used to zip along as well .Was hoping to find an aftermarket inlet manifold for the City
so far I like Mark Moddys suggestion .I'm hoping to see how a supercharger is set up on a mini as well for more ideas .

Return to “General”