Hello all, i've got some newbie questions

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
boosted_zc

Hello all, i've got some newbie questions

Postby boosted_zc » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:57 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a little new to the City Turbo. As of a few days ago i didn't even now the car existed. Let me just say, i'm in the U.S. so that may make a little more sense. Ever since then i've been doing a little reading up on them. I have the crazy idea of trying to make my own city turbo here.
I figure i'd have to buy a head, intake manifold, computer and harness from overseas and go from there. But i can't seem to find out what engine code the City used. I was hoping it was just a 1.5 EW. i've got about 3 sitting around. And if the City head would mount to that block. Any little tidbits of knowledge you can throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Or if you guys just think i'm nut, then that's fine to HAHA ;D.

A little background on me. I'm 25, i've been a Honda nut for about 5 years now. I current;ly have a 91 Civic with a fully built Turbo'd ZC and i have a 87 CRX DX with 40 phh mikuni's on it that is my daily driver and my autocross car on the weekends. I even bought my wife a 02 CRV.

Thanks again for any info.   Jay

Bino

Re: Hello all, i've got some newbie questions

Postby Bino » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:51 am

A question like this was discussed in great detail on the board not that long ago.  I don't recall the interchangability of the EW engine.  The City Turbo runs the ER series of engine, of which the manifolds can be bolted on some EK engines, the EW was discussed but I don't recall the specifics.  

Look up the post about turbocharging a 1.8L, or turbocharging an EK, something along those lines.

Good luck.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:10 pm

welcome along dude  8)

yeah, get ep or ek... bolt city parts onto it, then chew some tires ;)

Jw

JohnT
Donating Member

Postby JohnT » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:03 pm

Rather  than building a City, your other option would be to drop a City Turbo engine into a Civic - discussed all over this site.

John

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:39 pm

[quote author=QikLude link=board=GEN;num=1081951059;start=0#2 date=04/19/04 at 16:10:00]welcome along dude  8)

yeah, get ep or ek... bolt city parts onto it, then chew some tires ;)

Jw

[/quote]

Hmmm :P  tyre chewage!!! *drools*

Return to “General”