Replacement shocks FOUND - kinda

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
QikLude
Forum Addict

Replacement shocks FOUND - kinda

Postby QikLude » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:52 pm

well, the mission to find some good city replacement shocks has lead me high and low, BUT...

Ive had NZ's best shock suppliers on the case, I have even sent them a complete sample from spare shocks and such i had here.

The good news is YES , they can supply BRAND NEW shocks.

The bad news is, there not standard, well.... this is good and bad, the bad is the cost, the good is, there full adjustable Konis the build from scratch, race car stylez  8)

Ive only breifly spoken to them and will get more detail, but the basics are, the cost would be up 2 $350nz per shock (at worst!!!)
Thats a fully adjustable unit. Dapening/rebound , im not sure if the front is adjustable height...
Having new springs or factory springs retempered to adjust height isnt a big issue anyway.

They couldnt find ANYTHING standard that fitted!!!

So my next question would be to anyone on here to see if there interested in a set as well, as I can most likey get a group buy/discount perhaps?

As some of you know im getting near my major t1-restore project, so in another month or so I will ordering the new shocks.

Any comments or keen takers?

Cheers

Jw

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Replacement shocks FOUND - kinda

Postby Turbo3 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:55 am

Yo Dude,
I'll be watching with interest eh! Still plan to get Turbo Tech to re-valve and use heavier oil in the std ones. May be a pain to work on and may end up looking for exactly the same thing. Had a quick look a while back and turned up nothing!  :-/ Well done on your mission!!
Have adjustable collar and custom front springs but no way to "tune" shocks, so the Koni's could be the deal.  ;D
Pete 8)

Fader
Admin

Postby Fader » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:14 am

Awesome stuff dude! I think we will probably be interested at some stage.. later in the year though, just want to make sure the car is running well and not going to break before we start modifying/spending money on it.

I wonder what it would be like to drive a honda city with good suspension!! never done that before!! ;D

Having said that though, the current shocks in the T2 actually feel quite good, i get the feeling this car may have a genuine 143,000kms..

Keep the info coming!
Chris

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:18 am

Has anybody talked to someone in Japan about some shocks, they had and possibly still do, some aftermarket shocks for the citys,  might end up cheaper to just get them shipped over.  

Cheers
Ben

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:27 pm

[quote author=HyperBlade link=board=GEN;num=1093006327;start=0#3 date=08/21/04 at 10:18:58]Has anybody talked to someone in Japan about some shocks, they had and possibly still do, some aftermarket shocks for the citys,  might end up cheaper to just get them shipped over.  

Cheers
Ben[/quote]

no i havent, anyone got a japanense connection?

Cheers

25RUS

Postby 25RUS » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:56 pm

Hi, guys

Sorry for bad english but the theme is interesting. Months ago I bought front and rear shocks in yahoo auctions. Because I am from Vladivostok (Russia),  there was not to much problem to delivery. I think if you have somebody who can shipping to Au or NZ from Japan there is no problem too.
I buy OEM shocks. But sometimes in Yahoo sales other things. Like this:
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b54325595
This is LUK shocks used. For 32000 JPY before finish auctions 23.08.04. Maybe somebody of yours can to buy this if need?

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:48 pm

ile be in that group deal for sure
anyone else keen

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:50 pm

Try the Babalfish thing on these interesting kinda.

no link so to new stuff but have a look any way.

tiel   shocks   (Bilstiens)
http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~turbo2/city/mycity.htm

Springs:
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~turbo2/city/spring.htm

bush's
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~turbo2/city/bush.htm

Return to “General”