right who wants a wide body racer kit??

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun May 21, 2006 8:40 am

Thats right, not quite sure what got me onto boots, sweet as ill get onto that when I remember :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 21, 2006 12:19 pm

kazzee informed me the other day of a wheel and tyre set that one of the racer replicas has,this setup would be legal and still look the part,although i would like to go a bit wider on the front.
his email

Hi matt.

Recently, the bulldog racer in Japan is installing this wheel.

[front]
SSR FormulaMesh-FullReverse/8.0JJ/P.C.D100/offset-11
PIRELLI DRAGO(P5000) 195/45R14
[rear]
SSR FormulaMesh-FullReverse/7.0JJ/P.C.D100/
PIRELLI DRAGO(P5000) 195/45R14

In this combination, the fender and the tire are good-looking
all together. :-)

kazzee

James

Postby James » Sun May 21, 2006 2:07 pm

You would probably be surprised how much traction decent quality 195's would have. The dude on 1st gen civic angus button is running over 200wheel HP in his first gen and he only uses 185 dunlop R's to run low 12 second passes

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

Bulldog T2 aero wide body kit

Postby rustyhornet » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Hello Matt,

I have been reading your progress over the past months, and waiting in anticipation for this day to come...
I want to congratulate you, along with everyone that helped you on your huge efforts to actually obtain a replica of the bulldog T2r aero kit.

When I brought my first City T2 from an auction in Kobe Japan some 2years ago now, I honesty never thought I'd see an opportunity come where I could have my very own replica bulldog racer...

Now my search is finally over too...
I have emailed my details, Please consider this to be a formal request to purchase a copy of the kit.

I have money waiting for whenever you and the other interested persons are ready...

Please keep me informed, Thanking you in advanced...

Cooper
[/quote]

turbocab
Donating Member

Re: Bulldog T2 aero wide body kit

Postby turbocab » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:16 pm

gingernuts wrote:Hello Matt,

Now my search is finally over too...
I have emailed my details, Please consider this to be a formal request to purchase a copy of the kit.

I have money waiting for whenever you and the other interested persons are ready...

Please keep me informed, Thanking you in advanced...

Cooper
[/quote]
hello my ginger freind
first of all ide like to point out that you are pretty mutch the only one who has expressed interest (and backed it up with having the cash to do it)in getting a copy of the racer kit.
i admire your comitment.
i will keep everyone informed about what is happening with the kit.but as i have said previously it looks like nothing will happen for quite some time :cry:
and i will only let the kit be profesionally copied! no home butchers
cheers for the interest and welcome to the site.
matt

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

Molds are ready, NOW who wants to order?!?!

Postby rustyhornet » Thu May 10, 2007 11:18 am

Hi all, Updates on the Replica Body Kit...
Matty it seems people have lost interest in this topic until NOW, Hopefully things Change :o

I want to start by saying the hugest THANKS to Turbocab, for his Trust in my abilities to reproduce his REPLICA BULLDOG RACER KIT!

It has been more than 6 months in the making, but the Replicas can live on...

<<<PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONS TURBOCAB>>>

These Pictures are Just a small sample of the workmanship produced.
Interested persons are encouraged to express their interest...

Full REPLICA BULLDOG BODY KITS, also full Fiberglass T2 replacement bonnets can be made to order as well.
Last edited by rustyhornet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

James

Postby James » Thu May 10, 2007 12:17 pm

Sweet, all you need now is some matching wheels. keep an eye out on ebay for those SSR formula mesh ones, they seem resonably common.

city_racer
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_racer » Thu May 10, 2007 3:54 pm

that is awesome keep me posted very very interested

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu May 10, 2007 9:50 pm

yep well done gingernuts,cant wait to have my kit back tho its been a while :?
and it will go nicely with the carbon bonnet ginger has made for me :D
starting to think about the build up of the city again but there is soo many parts that i still need to buy and i have to wait until october to get it reregistered before i start :x
bigelboe have you seen those ssr formula mash wheels in the correct size and offset? if so why was i not informed :cry: hehe
ime going on ebay right now to have a look!
if you are interested now would be a good time to get in line discuss prices with gingernuts and place an order.
enyways bye for now and once again thanks fanta pants :wink:
matt

city_racer
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_racer » Thu May 10, 2007 10:24 pm

alrighty then first in, gingernuts how much?? with a fiberglas bonnet and with out????

thanks heaps

James

Postby James » Fri May 11, 2007 5:58 am

turbocab wrote:yep well done gingernuts,cant wait to have my kit back tho its been a while :?
and it will go nicely with the carbon bonnet ginger has made for me :D
starting to think about the build up of the city again but there is soo many parts that i still need to buy and i have to wait until october to get it reregistered before i start :x
bigelboe have you seen those ssr formula mash wheels in the correct size and offset? if so why was i not informed :cry: hehe
ime going on ebay right now to have a look!
if you are interested now would be a good time to get in line discuss prices with gingernuts and place an order.
enyways bye for now and once again thanks fanta pants :wink:
matt

I just had a bit of a google yesterday and found a few sites in NZ that mentions them. Havn't seen any the right size tho sorry bud.

One thing you should keep in mind is flipping the centers. If you can find a set that have like +10 offset or something and you need -10 then you can unbolt the center and move it to the inside of the flange, makes the offset a bit more negative.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 27, 2007 6:51 pm

was looking on ebay again today for wheels with no luck as usual but i did come across a few companys selling spacers by the looks of it the max you can get is 25mm so i was thinking if i cant get the wheels to have enough offset i could use a set of spacers to have them out where i need them.or get some spacers made up that are like 75 or 100mm like ile need them to be.
has anyone used spacers or know enything about them are they legal?etc.
matty

turbo11
Donating Member

Postby turbo11 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:55 pm

Matt, you will need to be carefull with the spacers going to far as it puts shit loads more load on your wheel nuts and they can snap. We try not to go anymore than 10-14 mm at most on the Mazda's we have done and this has been for race track mostly :shock: as in AU its not legal to run them on the road.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun May 27, 2007 8:37 pm

damn it back to square one as usual

James

Postby James » Mon May 28, 2007 7:10 am

In NZ you can run a maximum of 25mm of bolt on spacer. It has to be a bolt on style one with a whole new set of studs in it tho.

Have a look around on oldschool type forums, oldschool RWD cars will often run close to 0 offset on their rears and will be looking at 15" mags.

Return to “General”