Hunting issue investigation! on City-of-Life ...

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Smithy
Forum Addict

Hunting issue investigation! on City-of-Life ...

Postby Smithy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:03 pm

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =ja&ie=SJS

or City-of-Life, translate option, then workshop....

our great friend there has done a massive amount of study and fantastci work into the possible cause of idle hunting and I think it is well worth a read...

Big thankyou to the guy!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:32 pm

I had some theories myself about the ECU's engine braking fuel cut being the culprit for the hunting, as I have encountered it during very slow in traffic driving. I hadn't considered adjusting the idle slope tho, I didnt even realise the autochoke was adjustable! That guy is pretty on to it. Wish I could communicate with them about chipping the ECU but im not sure it would be that effective.

Daisy
Forum Participant

Postby Daisy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:27 pm

I agree a lot of work has been done by Mr. Ogawa (oga) and he deserves a heap of credit. He has arranged for cyl. head gaskets, manifold gaskets, front indicator rubber bases, etc. to be made in Japan. He also worked out how to fix the turbo boost gage (dry solders) in most cases. A very determined City Turbo nut!! The hunting issue a real problem and the English translation a bit 'fuzzy'. eg. the 'ten yen ball' that is mentioned is really meant to say 'ten yen coin' which is about the size of a 10c coin, used as a sort of screw driver. But the posted photos are a great help.
cheers for now, Daisy.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:30 pm

Thought this would be a good place for this info.

We fired up dads car today, was reving very high 2500rpm+ and Rev hunting. Was also not getting up to temperature at all.

We tracked it down to a blocked water pipe up the back of the throttle body, around the manifold, cleared it out, and now it doesn't hunt.

Of course we now have it boost cutting at 5000rpm but hopefully we can track that down soon too.

James

Postby James » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:40 am

Yeah that would have been the water line to the auto choke that melts the wax and stuff.

Return to “General”