Help with Mugen T2R info and pictures?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 pm

HyperBlade wrote:
bigelboe wrote:$20,000 i can get a brand new Swift Sport which kicks a a city turbos ass in every single area

WTF! Keep dreamin bro... See if their still around in 25yrs.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

i could probly get a pretty convincing sexchange operation for 20 grand that dosent mean it is a good idea and i should go do it!

rustyhornet
Forum Regular

Shipping costs for T2R Body Kit to NZ...

Postby rustyhornet » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:05 pm

It would seem there is fair amount more international interest then I had ever expected...
So having said all this, I have decided to look into freight costs involved for shipment to our Neighbours in NZ...
Perhaps this info will help people decide :wink:

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:08 pm

city_cabriolet wrote:
HyperBlade wrote:$20,000 i can get a brand new Swift Sport which kicks a a city turbos ass in every single area

WTF! Keep dreamin bro... See if their still around in 25yrs.

Have you driven a Suzuki swift sport? I have we own one, 2007 model...

I love my City turbo but the sport is honestly better in every single area. And by a far margin.

And its Japanese too so will be around just as long as a city turbo.

And the price is $25k

Thanks Gingernuts that would help. Much appreciated.

For those wondering what the sport looks like, here it is. Its what the Jazz should have been but they watered that down.

James

Postby James » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:50 pm

I would rather own a virtually one of a kind car over something you can buy off the shelf. To me a car isn't just about how it drives or its reliability or whatever.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:17 pm

yeah i thaught you were very loyal to the honda city turbo cause.
i am well aware that i could spend my money on cars that will kick a t2s ass but my heart is just not in it,ive fallen in love and thats that.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:51 pm

I'm positive when you sit in the swift, you don't feel like your sitting in a race car.

When your in the T2... You FEEL IT.

civic
Forum Enthusiast

t2r

Postby civic » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:15 pm

yeah the swift is new but does it have boost..........................

.......................................................... NO. Well in that case the city wins

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Yes bigleboe you are correct the cities are unique especially mine, thats why ill be holding on to it for a wee while yet. Im currently pondering turning it into a race car...

city_cabriolet wrote:I'm positive when you sit in the swift, you don't feel like your sitting in a race car.

When your in the T2... You FEEL IT.

It feels 10x better then a T2 you can chuck it into any corner at any speed and come out of it alive...

Im being very serious here i absolutely love my T2, and it goes and handles good, but it doesn't even come close to what a swift is like to drive, seriously go down to your local dealer and take one for a test drive.

Btw: im not trying to convert anyone here just saying those are my reasons for not buying a kit straight out.

Civic, the swift doesn't need boost, its that good... Think of it like a Type R engine, basically has the whole vtec thing going on as well.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:08 am

I'm dead serious here...

When you drive a car, its not about how fast you can go through the corner.

Its about the feel of the car.

I could drive the cabriolet (n/a carby engine) faster than the T2. Why? Because of the torque!! Too much throttle and it torque steers or just looses traction.

I know what your saying, it handles like a new car. But I think your comparing a N/A engine to a Turbo, and the characteristics of them.

NA's are REALLY easy to drive, really really easy. Getting the most out of your turbo on the other hand, is DRIVING!

There's no way the swift has more torque than the city. No way on earth. And don't dare compare it to a Type R!!! A civic or integra type R (i've driven an integra type r) are on another planet (and twice the price).

/end rant :P

James

Postby James » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:47 am

The 1.6 liter engine produces 125 bhp (91 kW) at 6800 rpm and 148 nm torque at 4800 rpm. With its closer gear ratios, the Swift Sport can hit 0-400 m in 16 sec.

You are comparing that to a type R engine? Thats laughable. For one the type R civic engine is like 12 years older, and for two it makes 40 more HP fromt he same displacement.

Standard city turbo makes about 150Nm of torque at 3000rpm, thats more and lower than the swift.

SWIFT SPORT FEATURES:
11.1:1 compression ratio
4-2-1 exhaust manifold
High lift cams
Forged pistons
strengthened valve springs

I must say that is freaking ridiculous, maybe wikipedia has got it wrong, 125 is less power than the first 1600 ZC honda motor made in 1983 and it didnt come anywhere near forged pistons or high lift cams.

The swift might be OK point and shoot, but with a few G spent on suspension a city would rape it.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:23 pm

city_cabriolet wrote:I'm dead serious here...

When you drive a car, its not about how fast you can go through the corner.

Its about the feel of the car.

I could drive the cabriolet (n/a carby engine) faster than the T2. Why? Because of the torque!! Too much throttle and it torque steers or just looses traction.

I know what your saying, it handles like a new car. But I think your comparing a N/A engine to a Turbo, and the characteristics of them.

NA's are REALLY easy to drive, really really easy. Getting the most out of your turbo on the other hand, is DRIVING!

There's no way the swift has more torque than the city. No way on earth. And don't dare compare it to a Type R!!! A civic or integra type R (i've driven an integra type r) are on another planet (and twice the price).

/end rant :P

Your talking about the feel of a car to the guy who co owns 3 Turbo 2's... One with mugen suspension.

My car feels great, the Swift blows it away, if you can drive your cab faster then your t2 then you have major problems with your t2...

The swift engine feels just like the City turbo 2 engine but has WAY more low down grunt. And a much better gearbox.

Bigleboe City Turbo 2 actually has 159.8 Nm of torque.

Heres a specs page.

http://www.suzuki.co.nz/auto/specs.html?id=162#spec

You could spend 2g on doing up the city suspension and you still wouldn't beat the swift.

Im being completely serious here.

I have driven both very hard, the swift would completely own my car even with the better mugen suspension.

Not to mention brake in half the distance.

Your talking about a 20 year old car vs a brand new one, technology plays a huge part.

Things have advanced a lot since then. I can go into a corner at any speed and the car is absolutely rock solid on the road, no movement at all, the city turbo on the other hand is all over the place.

I know you guys doubt me, you might even doubt my judgement, but go down to the local Suzuki dealer and take one for a test drive yourself. Then come back to me and tell me truthfully that you think the city turbo is better.

Btw: the City Turbo2 looks better and its more unique and yes that makes it more desiarable but for a drivers car swift is seriously very good. And yes it has that feel just like a city turbo 2 too, why else do you think we brought one ;)

If you read ANY review of it you will see how everyone loves the thing.

Oh and don't think im getting rid of my Turbo2 any time soon :P

Ive had a look at what the mugen body kit would cost me all up.

So
Bodykit
Mags/Tyres
Shipping
Fitting Kit
Painting
Rollcage
Engine work to bring it up to Mugen racer spec.

I'm probably looking at $10k allowing reasonable margins for everything to go over cost. And that's if i start off with one of the T2's i've got.

Then all it would take one crash on the track for it to really hurt the pocket...

A lot of money to spend on an old car, when i already have a very cool version of one ;)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 pm

My comment about the Type R engine was that the Swift doesn't need boost just like the Type R engine they are good in there own right as N/A. Sorry for the confusion.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:37 pm

rollcage?
do you mean you would just have it as a race car?
mines going to be a street car all the way...for now

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 pm

turbocab wrote:rollcage?
do you mean you would just have it as a race car?
mines going to be a street car all the way...for now

Well i wouldn't mind entering the Targa... So yeah would have to have a rollcage...

So Street/Race.

Return to “General”