Re: turbocab's T2R replica build

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:15 pm

i think that any thing you do with a car beyond standard or near to new raises the same problems.
but we all must enjoy it or we would all be driving new s#!theaps rather than these old ones :wink:
recently ive got into 4wding fairly heavily,pretty much every time we go out i brake my hilux or create some kind of issue that needs to be fixed but every time there is a trip to the state forest organized ime there with bells on and more often than not ime the sacrificial lamb that takes something on first.
thats the same mindset that keeps me interested in the city,sure i could have done what everyone else does and go buy a white skyline and throw a heap of off the shelf parts at it but that to me is boring i like doing it the hard way,not taking the chicken track,and at the end of the day ile be driving the city turbo2 typeR.
matt

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:34 am

turbocab wrote:i think that any thing you do with a car beyond standard or near to new raises the same problems.
but we all must enjoy it or we would all be driving new s#!theaps rather than these old ones :wink:
recently ive got into 4wding fairly heavily,pretty much every time we go out i brake my hilux or create some kind of issue that needs to be fixed but every time there is a trip to the state forest organized ime there with bells on and more often than not ime the sacrificial lamb that takes something on first.
thats the same mindset that keeps me interested in the city,sure i could have done what everyone else does and go buy a white skyline and throw a heap of off the shelf parts at it but that to me is boring i like doing it the hard way,not taking the chicken track,and at the end of the day ile be driving the city turbo2 typeR.
matt

wow Turbocab that is just perfectly put, i had someone looking at my city and asking about it, so i told him what i had done and the troubles i had doing it and he said why bother, and i said what do you drive and he said................ a standard 03 civic S, and i said why???? and LOL

he still didn't get it but his face did change when i pulled out of the carpark, lol
i say be different and enjoy it, and you'll enjoy it for longer and better, respect to your post, and the project is looking great ( just wish i had a garage lol never mind some of your setups ) keep up the individualism and the great work, peace :) :shock: 8) 8) 8) 8)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 pm

due to an unfortunate series of catastrophes the car was only dropped off today.ime meeting with the painter tomorrow to discuss color etc,getting pretty excited!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Sweet!

What are you thinking colour wise? Im still deciding on mine lol, changed my mind several hundred times.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:08 pm

dont copy me :wink: there is a ford color that they paint teritory's and fpv's its like a pearly metallic orange should look awesome!
spoke to the painter today and he said he should be able to start thursday.

James

Postby James » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Wicked, heh don't worry, Im thinking a different kind of blue, like a midnight blue, who knows tho, will probably change my mind again lol.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 pm

you will want to get it straight for a dark color like that.
i really wanted to go a light mealic blue with the gold wheels(like a wrx)but there is already that t2r in japan in that color.

James

Postby James » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 am

Yeah will decide when I see how straight I can get the roof mainly, the doors and guards are good already. Bonnet isn't quite perfect, not easy.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

i'm coming to visit in my honda once your on the road :p

on my cbr954 :D

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:36 pm

haha i hope it rains!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:36 pm

so there you go its painted.now the reassembly begins,put the rear wiring loom in and the tail lights lastnight and hope to get the steering rack and engine back in over the weekend
matt

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Oh man.... My knees are weak...

ProT
Donating Member

Postby ProT » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Looking very good :D

Remember to take things slow and steady when putting it back together

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 pm

will do mate,i may need to borrow your engine crane fairly soon if my mate cant get his back in time.

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 am

wow absolutley awesome man a credit to ya :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8)

Return to “General”