Registering a Honda City Turbo in the U.S.A.?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
SKOLJACK

Registering a Honda City Turbo in the U.S.A.?

Postby SKOLJACK » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:39 am

I recently came across a Honda City Turbo!

Has anyone registered/licensed one in the United States?

Seems like a fun car to drive and/or modify.

This thing has been sitting around for a long time, but appears to be in good condition and has extremely low milage (8,000 Kms).

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 am

Can't help myself, though we have had a few americans on the site before maybe one of them is still around?

I've heard new Jap imports have high restrictions and regulations, though unsure what you'd be looking at for an car imported some time ago.

Is the car actually going too?

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Mate what a top find .Would like to see more pics tho , some of inside , dash and engine bay . Looks like a good restorer . Not sure on your motor regs in Ohio . Engine capacity only 1230 cc should help as normal yank tank 5 times that . But power to weight unless you are my size will give any "8" a real scare . Lots of mods on this site to kick arse but I don't subscribe to that owning an original t2 in pristine condition , looks like a good T1 about to rejoin the flock .
Go for it

fireslug
Forum Regular

turbo 1

Postby fireslug » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:18 am

dood, if it goes, its well worth lookin after. I have a T1, and my son has a T2. They both go like the clappers mate. Lean on fuel, and sooooo much fun to drive. Stick some wide wheels on, n go pozin in it mate. Yerl blow em away.

SKOLJACK

Postby SKOLJACK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:40 am

I've been trying to get a hold of the person that owns it for over 2 weeks now, and it appears that no one lives there (No tracks in the snow).

Can someone tell me where the VIN (Vehicle Idendification Number) is located on this vehicle? I want to try and get a title for this abandoned gem! Also, do these vehicles take a typical Honda key? Does the door key match the ignition key?

SKOLJACK

Postby SKOLJACK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, with the grill out (it's in the hatch), I should be able to pop the hood and take a look.

Does this site have a VIN registry or is there any way to check vehicle history?

From what I've heard about this car, Goodyear Tire Co. brought it over to the States to test tires in the mid 80's, but that is all I know. This is why it only has 8,000 Kms on it.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Man that car needs alot of work...

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 am

Sounds like Goodyear a good place to start, get on to their PR staff . No we don't have a vin registry but a good idea to track authenticity and engine movement around the world . Doubt whether Honda has a register of where they have sold these little beasties either .

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:07 pm

city_cabriolet wrote:Man that car needs alot of work...

:?

Looks like it just needs a good clean and a paint on the wheels to me

Return to “General”