Sigh

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:04 pm

if they just paint the door only it wont match the rest of the car,i will put money on it we even have troble with new cars!! esp hyundais,the way i quoted it was to repair door and "blend colour into front & rear guards" that way it doesnt look mised matched,ok yea its a old car but still want like that before they hit it.

keep us updated i dont have anything to report at the moment but will be going to investgate my wastegate later tonite see whats going on/or not

cheers pete.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:14 pm

madmini wrote:if they just paint the door only it wont match the rest of the car,i will put money on it we even have troble with new cars!! esp hyundais,the way i quoted it was to repair door and "blend colour into front & rear guards" that way it doesnt look mised matched,ok yea its a old car but still want like that before they hit it.

keep us updated i dont have anything to report at the moment but will be going to investgate my wastegate later tonite see whats going on/or not

cheers pete.

It was repainted 3 months ago (hasn't been polished yet been waiting on decals), so there's not much difference but they will just blend it in anyway thats included in price.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:56 pm

HyperBlade wrote:That wont be an issue, the cars worth a lot more then the repairs, and if they did write it off i would be buying it back and still getting the repairs done.

If its through NRMA you don't get the option to buy it back, you have to go to the auctions and bid like everyone else, and that means somebody else may be there and start a bidding war.

Not ideal, it doesn't guarantee you'll get your car back. Just remember the insurance company gets MORE money buying you out, then selling the car, than it does forking out the cash to fix things.

Crazy but true. Good luck mate.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 am

city_cabriolet wrote:
HyperBlade wrote:That wont be an issue, the cars worth a lot more then the repairs, and if they did write it off i would be buying it back and still getting the repairs done.

If its through NRMA you don't get the option to buy it back, you have to go to the auctions and bid like everyone else, and that means somebody else may be there and start a bidding war.

Not ideal, it doesn't guarantee you'll get your car back. Just remember the insurance company gets MORE money buying you out, then selling the car, than it does forking out the cash to fix things.

Crazy but true. Good luck mate.

Won't be a problem, this is not going though insurance, the moneys in the mail for me, which makes it a simple and painless process.

Return to “General”