Sigh

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Sigh

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:14 am

3 years to get it to this stage, nearly done, only needed to polish mags and put decals on.

Sigh...

Good things:
Engine Not damaged
Shocks Not damaged
Interior Not damaged
I wasn't in it, and they weren't going faster.

Downsides:
Sideskirt History.
Sill slightly damaged.
Door damaged.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:02 pm

hey hyper,not good to see,doesnt look to bad are you going to repair it?

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 pm

madmini wrote:hey hyper,not good to see,doesnt look to bad are you going to repair it?

Yes, its just a hassle, especially after being so careful dodging all the idiots driving in the snow, to park it up safely, then to have this happen because they just didn't look.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:46 pm

yep know exactly what you talking about,when i just painted my car the way it is now,paint was 3 days old and i parked it on the street while i closed up the workshop in that time a women decided to do a u turn right by the car,luckyly she didnt dent it but it scratched it and i have do do the whole side again,and the paint aint cheap either,got it sorted tho,hope they paying for it?

all the best,keep us updated,

cheers pete.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:09 pm

madmini wrote:yep know exactly what you talking about,when i just painted my car the way it is now,paint was 3 days old and i parked it on the street while i closed up the workshop in that time a women decided to do a u turn right by the car,luckyly she didnt dent it but it scratched it and i have do do the whole side again,and the paint aint cheap either,got it sorted tho,hope they paying for it?

all the best,keep us updated,

cheers pete.

Bugger to hear that dude!

Yep she has insurance, but it looks like its better then we first thought, minor sill damage, doors the worst, and the sideskirt, so may come out at less then a grand.

James

Postby James » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Gutted man :( Still could have been a lot worse. Thatll buff right out :P

But seriously, if you can find a replacement door and straighten out the sill you won't even notice. The side skirt looks an easy fix, at least you wont have to repaint it!

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:29 pm

bigelboe wrote:Gutted man :( Still could have been a lot worse. Thatll buff right out :P

But seriously, if you can find a replacement door and straighten out the sill you won't even notice. The side skirt looks an easy fix, at least you wont have to repaint it!

Its actually looking like a panel beater could fix the door, its not easy finding a replacement one.

I've come off really light, it could have been much much worse, so i'm lucky in that regard, just such a hassle.

Shows how much damage can be done even in a very minor collision. I wouldn't want to be in one in a higher speed collision.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:40 pm

yea hyper, that door should pop out and may i suggest you take trim off and do this as and dont take this the wrong way but if your going thw insurence they will look at it and if repairs come to 75 to 80% of the value of the car it could get writen off,take trim off pop dent out you wont get it all but will lessen the dent/amount of hrs they need to spend on it,from what i can see there looks to be approx $1500 there easy.

oh and yea i am a panelbeater but in wellys tho :)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:06 pm

madmini wrote:yea hyper, that door should pop out and may i suggest you take trim off and do this as and dont take this the wrong way but if your going thw insurence they will look at it and if repairs come to 75 to 80% of the value of the car it could get writen off,take trim off pop dent out you wont get it all but will lessen the dent/amount of hrs they need to spend on it,from what i can see there looks to be approx $1500 there easy.

oh and yea i am a panelbeater but in wellys tho :)

Ouch, we were estimating less.

Plan of action is to get a couple of quotes for everything then we will see where we go from there.

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:23 pm

who are ya with?

quick breakdown of what i can see

strip door/trim glass side skirt/ + refit 3.5hrs @ $40hr =$140

repair door 6hrs = $240
" " side skirt 2.5 hrs $100
" " sill 2.5hr $100
paint repairs, $540

most shops charge what insurence co pay us as a flat rate for painting (whole side would be painted )

misc sealers/rustproofing $15

so total of this is $1135 without gst,add this in and it gets up there quick!
note i cant really see the sill damage but the time i have allowed above is for something small if theres like a big crease ect the add on another hr or 2 at the very most,you see how the door repairs come to 240,while you might find a second hand door,there might be dents/rust my need to be repaired 1st,normaly insurence co will nog on that with the panelbeater/and wreaker so allow for that too also painting inside door would bump price up approx $130 as well

hope this gives ya heads up on what to look for and the way they price it up

all the best,pete.

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:57 am

Sorry to see that Hyper , lucky fixable .

:cry: $40 bucks an hour mate , oh for the good old times here in OZ .As much as I hated the "contracts act" in NZ, there is a lot to be said for it now when it comes to get things fixed eh?
OZ cheaper place to live but ouch to repair anything technical.I'd love to find anybody in automotive repair under $70 bucks an hour .

TURBOCITYCITY
Forum Enthusiast

Postby TURBOCITYCITY » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:09 pm

aah.. godless heathens!
when will they learn some goddamn respect ><
that sucks man! but yeah looks like that dent'll pop out okay
I can't even leave my city parked up in town or it'll get egged.
city haters are a sad reality in today's vicious world of skylines and evo's :(

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:33 pm

that sucks mate good luck with the fix.
matt

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:28 am

Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAVE YOUR CAR!!!

They will wright it off, in a heart beat!

Seriously, do anything BUT try not to involve insurance. They would rather sell the car and pay you out than fix it.

I can predict this will turn into nothing but drama's...

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

madmini wrote:who are ya with?

quick breakdown of what i can see

strip door/trim glass side skirt/ + refit 3.5hrs @ $40hr =$140

repair door 6hrs = $240
" " side skirt 2.5 hrs $100
" " sill 2.5hr $100
paint repairs, $540

most shops charge what insurence co pay us as a flat rate for painting (whole side would be painted )

misc sealers/rustproofing $15

so total of this is $1135 without gst,add this in and it gets up there quick!
note i cant really see the sill damage but the time i have allowed above is for something small if theres like a big crease ect the add on another hr or 2 at the very most,you see how the door repairs come to 240,while you might find a second hand door,there might be dents/rust my need to be repaired 1st,normaly insurence co will nog on that with the panelbeater/and wreaker so allow for that too also painting inside door would bump price up approx $130 as well

hope this gives ya heads up on what to look for and the way they price it up

all the best,pete.

They will be paying, i only have third party on it.

I've had two quotes done.

Place 1:
Total: $939.38 (incl gst)

Place 2:
Total: $911.25 (incl gst)

So the young lady involved is very very lucky.

Minis quote wasn't to far off the mark, only difference was $200 extra he quoted for the paint. Not bad for someone doing it via a computer and some dodgy photos! (also hes quoting whole side of car, we should be able to get away with just doing the door)

Note: These are drive in drive out prices, with an estimate of 3-4 day wait.

city_cabriolet wrote:Whatever you do, DO NOT LET THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAVE YOUR CAR!!!

They will wright it off, in a heart beat!

Seriously, do anything BUT try not to involve insurance. They would rather sell the car and pay you out than fix it.

I can predict this will turn into nothing but drama's...

That wont be an issue, the cars worth a lot more then the repairs, and if they did write it off i would be buying it back and still getting the repairs done.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

Return to “General”