rebuilt t2 engine

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
madmini
Donating Member

rebuilt t2 engine

Postby madmini » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:54 pm

hi all,well the reason ihavent been on here much is the worst case happend to me,did the whole conversion,repainted the car ready for its cert the bang the engine let go,i did compresson check on it and was barely 50psi on 1-4,and 2-3 were approx 100psi,sostriped it down and sent to reconditioners,block was ok but on one bore was out of round
pistions were crumbleing apart,see pic below 3 were like this 4th one was ok but didnt use it anyway.
[img][img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/madmne/DSC00575.jpg[/img]

so i had a t1 engine here,striped it down and the bottom end had been rebuilt at somestage as the honeing marks were stiil very clear,anyways to cut a long story short we used the t2 block honed it new rings (suzuki fa 10) berrings new oil pump,waterpump,head was strightend from last time when it blew is gasket,and refaced, laped valves,new gides new gaskets and assembled as a short block and head on to make a "sealed unit" all i have to do is put cambelt,cam shaft,pullys,flywheel,clutch ect back on and throw it back in the car.

all this has taken them about 4 days and the grand total was $1400 inc gst,has a 20000km warrenty too

i bought it home and painted it but looks a bit too blingy as it was the chrome look a like paint in a can but should settle down over time
[/img]Image
[img][img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/madmne/DSC00582.jpg[/img][/img]

now this car got no excuses not to go i have been fighting this battel for the last 6 years im going to win!!!

cheers pete.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Atleast you got everything outta the way now mate :)

Return to “General”