GA2 Turbo Imposter

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Norledge

Postby Norledge » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:55 am

lol well if you even want to come watch it whooping bigger stuff on track let me know :P

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

on track

Postby classichondasrule » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:42 am

thanks i may do, that would be cool to see, in fact that would be awsome to see. lol

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:01 am

Had a proper read over the first post,

if your using high octane gas, 8.8:1 will be fine, good even. People turbo factory Type R integras with 11.5:1 compression on pump gas so 8.8:1 should be fine.

Also make sure that intercooler has enough cross sectional area to support the flow you need. It looks a little small in that respect. Just roughly measure the thickness of the bars and its depth and you can work out how much total area it has and work out the equivalent pipe size. Often intercoolers that shape are quivalent to like a 1" or 1.5" bit of pipe in area, might be OK if you only want 170bhp but something to keep in mind.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:06 am

The honda's that run standard 11.1:1 cr are only running 5-7 pounds boost. I'm assuming the poster wants to run 10+ pounds, so will need < 9:1

Edit: Oh, i think once you turbo this beast, it will be alot harder to drive through the corners. Torque steer and wheelspin make the beasts quite difficult to squeeze all the potential out. I find NA cars much easier to drive fast.

euanmb

Postby euanmb » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:09 am

Norledge wrote:Buy the black GA2 ;)

Too late, i've just bought it this afternoon! Great little car and suberb condition. I'll do an introduction in another post once i've got some photos taken. Be great to get a little UK city meet (possibly track orientated) one day. But it looks like your project and knowledge will come in useful for me once i'm ready to start throwing money at mine.

'Cusco clutch as standard', really? or is that just yours?

Euan.

Norledge

Postby Norledge » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:10 pm

Ahah would be awesome to get two on track at the same time...

Owning some of the bigger stuff :P

Return to “General”