TURBO GONE

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
tom
Forum Participant

TURBO GONE

Postby tom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey guys,
ok not sure if you will be able to help diagnose but i'm in need of help... Last couple of weeks my turbo has started to make an 'electronic' 'whiny' sound. It sounds very cool but i'm guessing i need a new one?

Well thats not the major drama. i was trying to fit a cold induction box in the left hand side (under where the stock intercooler sits) the other night and we were being quite forceful and once we connected everything back up the car went skitz and started idle hunting worse than ever. It hunts occasionally when warm but this time it ranges from 600 - 2000 and constant. Even when driving and changing through gears. Any ideas on what i could have hit? There are a few vacuum lines around there but i got under and they seem fine. Could knocking or disconnecting wires do it? Or if i have not sealed the intercooler piping up? Any ideas will help. I just don't want to have to go through and replace all the vacuum lines. Looks very tedious

Thanks, Tom

PS) and now the turbo is very bad... it takes like 5 seconds to stop spinning once my foot is off accel.

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:15 pm

If you have a leak on your intake side (ie filter isn't on properly), you can hear the turbo spooling way louder, the sound comes out.

If it was your intercooler piping, i think you'd hear hissing as the pressure is escaping.

Return to “General”