My car got broken into

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
City_Ridah
Forum Regular

My car got broken into

Postby City_Ridah » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey guys,

Long time no post,

My car got broken into yesterday (luckily had a steering wheel lock on it) however, as i drove away i realized that the engine bay wasnt so lucky, they got away with the blow off valve, the air filter pipe (cost me around 200 to have it made) and the air filter.

So anyone get an offer from some dodgey guys for a customised air filter pipe for a honda city turbo from NZ (Auckland in particular) just let me know.

thanks guys

PS: i dont have a paypal account but i would like to contribute to this site, if anyone is willing to do it for me, I could deposit the money into your account.

cheers

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Sucks hard bro, at least they didn't take the whole thing.

Seems odd to take performance parts specific to such an old and rare car. Prtety hard to move. Guess theyll prolly just sell the filter, was it a fancy one?

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Postby city_cabriolet » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 am

bov's and pod filteres are standard turbo applications.

James

Postby James » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:24 am

Yeah true, I was just thinking about the intake pipe but I guess it was probably easier to take the whole thing than pull the filter off.

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Nah the air filter was just a cheap 30 dollar one, yeah im a bit surprised about the air filter pipe too, dont know why they would want that, unless they are wanting to sell it ofcourse.

Just guttered about the bov, it was a turbosmart one i bought off Silver2 from this forum, made the best sound. oh well, like bigelboe said, im very glad they didnt take the whole car.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:46 am

Funny you should mention this.

A week ago mine was broken into (chch), drviers door was left ajar.
The very next day i came out to find the bonnet had been popped.

So broken into two nights in a row.

Then within the last week a house close by was cleaned out, someone also saw a modified car, no plates hanging around late one of the nights, which took off when they saw him.

I think they broke into mine while casing the house. Probably looking for go fast bits... E.g gauges, Bov's etc (lucky i don't bother with that type of stuff).

I have steering lock too, but now fully alarmed.

Return to “General”