grey wire through firewall

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
jmfamily

grey wire through firewall

Postby jmfamily » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 pm

hey, hows it going? Im new (obviously) and have just got a honda city turbo 1, going over it at the moment, cleaning this, checking that, and i have noticed that AC has been removed (dont really need it so dont mind) so obviously there would be spare wires around the engine bay that wouldn't go to anything. SO my question is, is this wire part of what was the ac system or does it go to something completely different? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. :D :D
Jonathan
[img]http://s1.postimage.org/9ui9jhkqz/sensor.jpg[/img]

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:20 am

That goes into the catalytic converter.

jmfamily

Postby jmfamily » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:58 am

thanks for the quick reply, it seems that i dont have a catalytic converter, i guess it was removed by the last owner, is it alright to leave it hanging there or would it be best to get it welded into the pipe? if i unplug it from inside the car, will it upset the car, or will it work just like how its working now?
thanks for the help.
Jonathan

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 am

Personally Id just cut it off shorter and earth the wire so you dont have the dash light on.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 am

That is an exhaust over heat sensor. It registers a light on the dash it the exhaust gets too hot but does not run through the ECU in any way. It gives you a bit of a warning if you are running too lean etc. It is a basic EGT sensor.

Return to “General”