Top Engine Mount solid mount replacement

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Beast260
Forum Regular

Top Engine Mount solid mount replacement

Postby Beast260 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey guys, the last couple weeks, i had noticed a Knocking Noise when i was shifting gears, taking off and also decelerating.it was driving me nuts so i narrowed it down to the top engine mount that goes from the fire wall to the gear box.
(borrowed this pic from some one else thread)

so i pulled it out and did some measuring up of the old worn out bush and headed down to my mate at Pedders to find a bush that would suit.

And here u will see the replacement bush. Turns out the Diff Bushes for the MY08-11 Subaru Impreza is the same dimensions needed to replace this mount and u get 2 in the pack.

The Part Number for them is EP184

Took 5 mins to fit it as i dont have the intercooler connected right now and its made a massive difference. i got the mounts for $50. Not sure what the price would be for anyone else as i get "GOOOOD price"

bowlink1
Donating Member

Re: Top Engine Mount solid mount replacement

Postby bowlink1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Awesome stuff mate, we've always cut a strip of tyre tube and tightly wrapped that around to take up the slack. But it's good knowing there is a proper replacement out there

Beast260
Forum Regular

Postby Beast260 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:47 pm

yeah i had done the same thing as a temp fix while i waited to finnish my work roster off.

I highly recommend doing this though.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks for the post, i had done the some to my mount about 2 years ago, cost me over $100 to do both ends, it made a huge difference. I have also heard of a kit that you can buy which you mix the two liquids together & poor the mixture into the mount housing (remove old rubber first but keep steel bush insert in centre) which then sets & is super solid but can be exspensive to buy. The other option which i found on one of my firewall mounts was the rubber bush was removed & a small strip section was cut out (crossways) of the large end then push together & welded, once done & cooled the rubber bush is pressed back in with the aid of silicon spray. I found this to be a really good fix as it cost sweet stuff all to do (free if you have a welder) & still gives great engine noise/vibration suppression like the original mount was intended to do.

COMBAX
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby COMBAX » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:25 am

Mate this is absolutely brilliant info. Thanks so much for posting!

I've been rebuilding a T2 and noticed that every single top engine mount for these things is flogged. I salvaged a few from wrecks and they're all the same. Someone had done the inner tube trick one of them but I've been meaning to look up a proper replacement like this one. And you've done it for me!

This forum has been a lifesaver on a few occasions. You're all legends.

bowaster
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Postby bowaster » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Update for replacement bushes. Just bought a kit from Supercheap Auto and fit really nicely. Come as a twin bush set (so you will have a spare!). The product is made by Whiteline (Australian) and the benefit is that they are black (many other brands are stupid colours). They are still for the Subaru Impressa MY 08, rear differential front mounting bushes. Product code is a Whiteline KDT905.

Return to “General”