General Questions

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

General Questions

Postby PGNUTA » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:20 pm

Blowoff valves?  What brand did you resort to when looking for something that could handle 28-30 pounds without boost leak?  :o

Fuel system.  When replacing the factory fuel filter could you find one that was exactly the same as the factory oem one?  Of not what did you replace it with.  Will a VL Commodore one bolt straight in or will it require some bastardising?

Cheers

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: General Questions

Postby Turbo3 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:02 am

Yo Tim,

I'm using a TurboSmart type 2 Vee Port, which is good for up to 2 bar (28psi). If you need more, a type 3 or something from Blitz or GReddy may be the go.
I was looking at the fuel pump and filter from a Nissan 300ZX as it's a good high flow in-tank setup.
Was also recommened to look at a JD Camira.

Pete 8)

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:00 am

Ive got a VL filter on my city which is incidentaly the same as a 300zx.  It takes a bit of bastardising as the Vl filter has barbed ends and the city item has banjo fittings.  No big deal to convert it over though.
For a fuel pump try a VL pump, the turbo and non-turbo versions are actually the same, and its an external bosch type pump which is similar in dimensions to the city turbo external pump.

Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Henry » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:05 pm

Fuel filter -Ryco Z368 fits onto the T11, the U bracket on the top to hold the pipe out of the banjo fitting is on the wrong side but all the fittings go straight on, not cheap but forget the price. Got mine at Repco.  The numbers on mine are a bit blurred so check it against your old one before you part with the dough.  Henry

Return to “General”