What fuel?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

What fuel?

Postby Turbo3 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:07 am

Hey guys,
Just wondering what fuel everyone is using and if octane rating makes much difference in the City.
I was told a while back that 91 is OK to use as the City has such a low compression ratio. Seems to run fine but wondering if 96 or 98 would be better?  ???

Yo Charles,
That sounds a really awesome project with the B20 VTEC Turbo!  ;D
I know we all appreciate your input to this forum and this would be another example of your knowledge. I'm going to be able to get my T3 project back underway after securing a bit more $$ and have valued your ideas along the way.
Cheers,
Pete 8)

Tony
Forum Regular

Re: What fuel?

Postby Tony » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:26 am

Gidday Pete

I'll often run 91 octane for just cruisin around town and it seems fine.  If I'm doing a run up to Auckland or something, I'll make sure the tank is almost empty and run it on BP Ultimate, it does seem to make a difference, a fair bit crisper and more responsive.

And your right, it has been good have Charles' input on here lately.  We've been having a little sideline discussion on 4 wheel disc brakes and all going well all the parts will be sitting on my doorstep today.  Will be making a start on that stage of the project this weekend.  All going well this'll work nicely and I'll be able to post some pics of it all going together soon.

Cheers

Tony  ;)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:35 pm

96 as it gives more low down torque... but i'd rather be injecting lpg as it has an octane rating of 108 plus as a liquid its temp is -180'C  so that means massive boost, although im having trouble finding injectors that will handle it

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:42 pm

Isnt LPG the most gutless fuel this side of CNG?
I supose the turbo may make a difference though... If you could get a decent amount of the stuff into your cylinders along with a nice big fat cold air charge you may be onto something :D

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:51 pm

theres some rotor's running lpg in oz doing REALLY well with it.

The biggest thing is getting the gas converter thingys to flow enough :(

Jw

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:32 am

Hey guys,
Turbo Technology did some tricky things with LPG injection a while back. Needs radical timing changes as LPG burns at a different rate to petrol. They were looking at commercial transport options for buses etc. Flick them an email on [email protected] if you want some details.
Lookin forward to some 4W disc pics there Tony! ;)
Must try a tank on 96.

Pete 8)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:17 am

yeah i was talking to phil at t tech about it a while ago told me that the injectors they were using are apparently really hard to come by and really expensive.. yes lpg is a gutless fuel if used as a gas but.. if you inject liquid lpg you dont use a converter  and the results are almost like nitruos but not as agressive plus it doesn't give of co3, just co2 and water (and heat) better for the environment and you dont have to worry about emissions testing... BONUS

Return to “General”