whos crashed a city?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
RwankelR

whos crashed a city?

Postby RwankelR » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:17 pm

hey all

whos crashed a city before? what were the effects to you and the car?

this question is in reference to me buying one for my first car and just wanna see reliability :)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Re: whos crashed a city?

Postby doggystyle » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:43 pm

i had a holden kingswood reverse into the side of my t2, right into the vent did a bit of damage.. its now my most convincing bog sculpture, ref. nz games   other than that no and i dont wish to

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:17 pm

Havent crashed it, but slightly related, mine has had (I think for complience reasons) "side intrusion" bars
welded into the doors.
i only noticed the m when i put decent speakers in the door speaker holes.

So generally they are a little safer than tose still in Japan.
But cant say I'd want any impact, theres not much room
up front fo rht e engine, radiator etc to compact up...

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:03 pm

Ive seen one that had a holden hit it from behind with some speed, the city was parked.

put it this way, the rear hatch was touching the back of the seats (which were ripped forward kinda off there mounts)

pretty nasty stuff!

MUnity
Forum Regular

Postby MUnity » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:29 pm

[quote author=RwankelR link=board=GEN;num=1056262677;start=0#0 date=06/22/03 at 16:17:57]hey all

whos crashed a city before?...just wanna see reliability :)[/quote]

Does this speak to your driving skills if you equate crashes to reliability?

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:26 pm

Sorry for resurecting an excedingly old topic, but i have just purchased (pretty much) a city which was rolled twice down a bank. It still drives fine (took it for a test run) and survived amazingly well. There is not much in the way of glass left but youd expect that. All 4 people in the car were unhurt and the only visible damage aprt from the lack of glass is the roof being down a little in 2 corners. Oh, and the boot doesnt stay shut anymore :P

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:50 pm

Yeah, you know that rolled city Colza was talking about, yeah well i rolled it some more, gravel, high speed and blind corners do not MIX, I caned over this hill and saw i was going to hit a fence, locked it up went over a ditch into a massive patch of gorse and teatree went straight for about 20m then  proceeded to roll about 1.5 times ending up upside down and with the engine breathing a whole lot of oil but still going ;D. As the windscreen and other assorted glass was already gone the only extra damage I did was caving in the roof more and busting the sunroof, and rolling a tyre off its rim. Was really quite a fun experience, rolled the city back onto its feet, rolled it a few more times to get it out of the gorse and then ran it for a while to get the oil out of it.

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:20 am

Man, that sounds a bit lucky!  ;)
Maybe you should look at making it  a dirt track racer!! ;D There's an early CRX that does pretty well over here and a turbo'd Prelude that goes real hard!!  ;D
May need to modify the guards to fit the Hoosiers though!!  ;D
Pete 8)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:35 am

yeah i've seen that crx, the guy has it on the rev limiter for half the back straight.. it hammers everything, well almost

James

Postby James » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:40 pm

I just thought Id add the only injuries were, A) To my pride, B) A guy who helped me pull the car out cut his knee on the gravel and C) Hurt my knee when it hit and mangled the key at some stage during my flight ;D I should mention after we rolled the car out of the gorse we proceded to tow/drive it for about 20km in fairly peak hour traffic with a wheel alignment job that was so impressively accurated it went SCREEEEE the whole way damn we looked 8) cruisin in that beast, Ill try and get some pics up soon then you will all respect me much, much more ;)

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:03 pm

:D

oh, you guys!

Jw

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:15 pm

I think i will point out that it was ME who drove the car the rest of the way to the place of keeping. Bigelboe was not especially popular at that time as he had managed to move the car 10m from the place where we picked it up. He didnt just move it, he moved it at 90 degrees to the road and turned it upside down to boot!
But hey, its all fun ;D

James

Postby James » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:21 pm

BAHAHAHAHAH Colza just crashed his car today, we were going round a corner, he turned the wheel but the car kept going straight, well until the curb redirected us ;D His right, front wheel now sits about 50mm back from where its meant to be and his wheel is touching his mudguard, looks like mainly bent suspension so hopefully we can get it back on da road boosting to get its damn cert plate which is ready any day now!!!

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:32 pm

Oh god the shame!!!
Update on those injuries: Suspension components all perfectly straight. Only thing is that as the wheel pulled the swaybar backwards, it brought its mounting bracket and all bolted to it including the front structural thingee backward too :-[

This is the price you pay for putting 155/80 12's back on for cert after having lovely 185/60 13's with soft as directionals for ages :( That and going driving in the rain on some nice greasy corners... I take that back, it doesnt even justify being called a corner, it was a BEND for f**ks sake!!!

Return to “General”