headlight problem

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

headlight problem

Postby AnimaLector » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:45 pm

hey there, downloaded the wiring diagram but can't read japanese anyways, trying to track down a fault with the headlights, the low beams won't come on at all.. the high beams flash on but do not stay on.  I'm guessing a faulty connection somewhere, but after the switch (tail lights work ok still fuses all fine) I'm lost with the wires.. anyone know if there's a relay after the switch an if so where is it located.  also where does the light wiring harness run so I can have a look at tracing them.. I'll have another look during the day tomorrow..

Later
Andy

crooky
Forum Enthusiast

Re: headlight problem

Postby crooky » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:03 am

May well be the column switch, however I'm pretty sure the relay for the lights is a little box plugged in on the drivers side at about knee level.  Can't remember if its under a panel or not.  Crouch down outside the car and have a look inside the drivers side underneath and to the door side of the steering column.  You should find it.

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:49 am

I can't seem to locate it.  there's one there for the wiper control.. there's the flasher unit (both these are in the fuse box (plugged in) ) there's one at the top screwed down I disconnected it and the rear lights still came on.   the parkers and rear lights always come on so I don't think it'll be the switch.

I had another look at the wiring diagram and I don't even know if there's a light relay in there at all? it would be much easier if I could read it.. ahh well..

Any more suggestions?

Andy

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Postby kenny » Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:34 am

hey

i had a simular problem with mine, just find a new or a good second hand light/ indecator switch, as they are a little old now so they might be worn.

thanks kenny 8)

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:30 pm

I agree, common problem with the light stalk. Get a replacement, I think the 84 civic/accord ones are compatible if you cant find a city one..

AnimaLector
Forum Enthusiast

Postby AnimaLector » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:16 pm

ok pulled the column switch apart the high beam mechanism has metled...  no surprise so I'm fitting a new switch next to the driving light button...  flick switch style..  

the other problem is the headlights.  when flicked on, the parkers come on and the rear tail lights however, no low beams, the red/white cable has 12V once turned on but there is nop 12V on the fuse...  so I'm thinking unplugged at the back of the fuse box..  although I can't get back there so I need to know if it is at the top, bottom, left, or right etc...  I tried getting in upside down.. almost made myself sick!! hahaha!!

anyways help is appreciated. thanks
oh and I really don't think there's a relay!!  so I'm fitting one...

Andy

Return to “General”