fuel sys setup on non turbo city

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
plainCity
Forum Participant

fuel sys setup on non turbo city

Postby plainCity » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:40 am

saw at the wreckers the other a day a completely different looking motor to in my city.

mine is a aussie deliverred city 1985.

what I saw was a later model city (I knew it was a later model because it had a cat conv - which came out on all cars from 1986 in OZ)

this motor at the wreckers had CCCVII on the rocker cover. it also had a different carby (looked like 3 barrel).

now I thought all citys used a 3 barrle carb - the 3rd barrel being for the cccv valve.

what is the fuel sys like on these citys? does it use an injector or is pure carby - its not a turbo by the way. how is the cccv supplied a rich mixture if it doesnt use this 3rd barrel.

I know its a lot of questions but I dont know much about these cars and dont want to start pulling the engine apart to learn - yet....

cheers

Mitchell

Re: fuel sys setup on non turbo city

Postby Mitchell » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:35 pm

Sorry mate I couldnt help you there.

I didnt even know they sold post leaded honda citys in Australia. :o

city_cabriolet
Forum Addict

Re: fuel sys setup on non turbo city

Postby city_cabriolet » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:48 pm

i think it's CVCC...

My old cabriolet was an 88 model with a double barrel carby, only one is open at low revs and the other allows more fuel at higher rpm's. Not sure how the CVCC system worked...

It was an ER 1231cc the same as the turbo, but no fuel injection or turbo and i'm sure their alot different internally (especially grades of metal with turbo version being alot stronger).

Sounds like it's not a ProT, but a later model City, don't they have a D series motor?

Return to “General”